Varanus Brevicauda

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i put them in a tube with some water it makes it real easy.

Attachments

• 108_0807.JPG
    108_0807.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 215
Tthey dont call them the smallest monitors for nothing ;)

Any better?

Are these any better?

Attachments

• STPM 04.JPG
    STPM 04.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 227
  • STPM 05.JPG
    STPM 05.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 196
At a rough guess i would say 2 males and 1 female, maybe 2 females but they could be anything really.

the lizard on the right looks male with the other two look female.

I'd probably go with 2 males and a female. In the second shot the animal in the middle looks to have a narrower head, but this may be due to the angle. If that is the case, they may all be males.

Is there any way that you can tell for sure? I hope your right tristis, ill be giving the guy a call if its a trio of males

id say male on the right and females on the left,but from my understanding they r hard to sex,but males apparently will be bigger headed,there r a couple of good breeding articles in herpetofauna and monitor magazine,herpetofauna volume 29 number 2 and monitor vol 15 number 1,hope that helps,if they r ok together im sure they will show u what sex they r if the breed for u,good luck with those little beasties,keep us posted on there progress

Hey Kratos, you lucky bugger!
I loved those brevi's on display at the expo.
Do you want to swap some bubs for some amyae?

Hey mate, there awsome ay. For sure id swap a bub for some Amyae, but i got to get them breeding 1st. Anyways ill keep you posted and hopefully we can do some business. By the way what did you have in mind as a swap Im still after some girls.

hey mate, I don't have any spare amyae girls sorry. I was thinking some of this coming season's hatchies to swap. I guess we can sort that when the time comes.
Did you end up getting that girl Sarah auctioned?
I don't have any experience with brevicauda but if they are anything like my accies I'd say you have a male and two females. Purely by head size and overall size. Have you had a close look for any spurs? Run your finger over the spurs too.

Nah Saz found another way to get the money and withdrew the sale. Do both males and females have spurs? I'll have to wait till tomorrow but ill check them out

It looks like you have 1 Male & 2 Female.
Awesome little guys, are you going to have them on display?
I'd be interested in hatchies if they go next season.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back