Varanus Brevicauda

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy has a great selection of Monitors - gave good overall for all pygmys.

Said that Brevicauda usually live over 1m below ground and don't eve start waking up until it hits about 35'c but prefer somewhere around 45'c as ambient...also reckons they have the attitude and personality of the larger monitors just in a much smaller package.

What really surprised me was that he said he feeds his Brevis adult woodies and they eat them no problem, said they just smash them apart...

Good idea geckodan, Anyone know a good vet in the liverpool/Sydney area?

You could always head over to the new Avian & Exotic Pet Hospital at Camden - apparently the facilities are fantastic...

...what sort of price is an xray?

For those that don't know what you are looking for on xray its the small bones about 10-20% of tail length down from the cloaca. These are only in males. ANY CLINIC CAN DO THIS TYPE OF XRAY (its not particularly challenging)
img065.jpg

these guys are fantastic. coolest little monitors around and they're the funniest little buggers to feed. love them!!!

Kratos - Let me dig around, I had a few brochures but not sure where they've gone...

...4655 0777 - I think that should be the correct number. It is the University of Sydney Avian and Small Animal Hospital...

Last edited:
Geckodan - Thanks for that pic too, don't think I have ever actually seen an x-ray of the bones before...very interesting...

Thanks Dan, that could come in handy. Ive found a vet that will do it but does $25 per animal sound right? Also thanks for all your help

Cheers,

Jason

Thanks Dan, that could come in handy. Ive found a vet that will do it but does $25 per animal sound right? Also thanks for all your help

Cheers,

Jason
dirt cheap. If you have a scanner, put your xrays on with the lid up and a light shining above . Send them by email if you have any queries otherwise post them anyway

$25 per animal sounds like a great price...particularly for something such as Brevi's which are hardly getting around in abundance...

Got the x-rays done today and they all turned out to be girls. Dont have pics yet they said they will send them next week. So does anyone know someone with a spare male they wouldnt mind selling?

cheers,

Jason

I knew you would say somethin like that lol, but i dont think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back