Varanus Brevicauda

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that pic Danny. The bones are pretty hard to see hey. I wonder if they would be very visible in something as small as a brevi?
I got the five little brevis from your mate up there last weekend. Thanks for putting me onto that one. I love the little guys. They strut around with their back arched up like a knobby when they grab a cricket!

Attachments

• DSCN1315 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1315 (Medium).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1321 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1321 (Medium).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 235
Fishead - That is a great looking setup - what sort of temps do those small globes put out?

Hey Aslan, the beauty of that light setup is that you can lower the globes until you get your prefered basking spot temp. I've got it 50 degrees on the hot spot. They are only 20 watt 12 volt dichroics and the tranformer is exterior to the enclosure so they don't bump up the ambient too much.
I thought having the smaller compartments inside the 4x2x2 enclosure would give a better gradient, be more stable and hold the humidity in the substrate better. Seems to be working well.

anyone expecting babys soon, pm me if you are.

Hi all,

Here a few pics of my little guys. with out a doubt my favorite reptiles. the first is of male of the central australian from. the next is a female central australian. finally a hatchling from last season- the egg is aout as big as a five cent piece. i also have some western australian brevis- will post the pics when i have time to resize them- they are more red than the central australian form. as far as sexing goes i dont think there is any reliable method other than educated guesswork. males do seem to have larger heads and much thicker necks. would be very interested to hear if xraying works but i think they might be too small.

Attachments

• pics%20021.jpg
    pics%20021.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 127
  • pics 011.jpg
    pics 011.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 137
  • pics 001.jpg
    pics 001.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 118
Great Set up Fishead.

Here is a few pics of my guys. First 4 pics are of some juvies and the other is the br pr.

Attachments

• 128_2802.JPG
    128_2802.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 127_2788.JPG
    127_2788.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 128_2805.JPG
    128_2805.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Brevi.jpg
    Brevi.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF1653[1].JPG
    DSCF1653[1].JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 138
Nice animals everyone, Wouldnt have a spare male would you Toad?
I Like your enclosures Fishhead, do you house them all seperately?

Hey Varanophile and Toad, thanks for posting those pics guys. Very nice. There's just something about these little critters isn't there. Looking forward to seeing the WAs Varanophile.
Yes Kratos mine are in separate 1' x 2' compartments. Except for the two smallest which are only about a month old now. They're in together - they're a few months younger than the other three. Can't believe how fast these things grow!!!!
There's a pic of a brevi in a thread in Pilbara's forum that looks very similar to yours varanophile. ie red strip down the middle of the back. Is that typical of the central NT form or do the WAs have it too?

Fishead you are correct they do have something about them.

Very nice Varanophile, nice to see a different colour form.

My guys are WA sandfires if this answers your question Fishead with regards to the strip.

Kratos I may have. Why do you need one?

Thanks for that pic Danny. The bones are pretty hard to see hey. I wonder if they would be very visible in something as small as a brevi?
I got the five little brevis from your mate up there last weekend. Thanks for putting me onto that one. I love the little guys. They strut around with their back arched up like a knobby when they grab a cricket!

They are easily visible in small gillens so I can't see why they won't be visible. POst me the xrays if you want a second opinion.

hi fishhead,

the pics on the pilbara forum are ones i posted earlier:) the westerns have a fairly similar pattern, although mine are a little larger and as i said a bit more red than orange.

will post pics soon.

Fishead you are correct they do have something about them.

Very nice Varanophile, nice to see a different colour form.

My guys are WA sandfires if this answers your question Fishead with regards to the strip.

Kratos I may have. Why do you need one?

Yes it seems i ended up with 3 girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back