• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon

Reaction score
i've been doing some reading on childrens pythons and think the dwarf would be a good first snake for my daughter (6yrs old) as its still small at fully grown..... If i cant get my hands on any of those any of the other small species would be great.... if there's nothing available is any one expecting to have anything up for sale in the near future....:D preferably local but will buy else where

Hi, i will have some childrens python and spotted python babies available around Nov - Dec, i live about 20 mins away from you.

Do you mean a pygmy python, Antaersia perthensis?
They are all but unavailable and a bad choice for a first snake as they are tiny as babies and (apparently) prefer to eat skinks.
I'd suggest a stimsons python, Antaresia stimsoni if you are after a small python.

Fire dragon ....
there are 4 types of pythons sometimes classed as "childrens pythons " .....there really is only one childrens python , that is the "antaresia childreni" the others are "spotted " " stimson" and the "pygmy" the pygmy is some times called "dwarf" python but you will not get one as they are very rare in collections , as far as i know .
Get a childrens or spotted off swampie , the childrens should stay a little smaller than the spotted .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back