WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not a covert operation with this forum being so open to the public.

Good luck to you both - hope that it all works out!

Well it's first thing in the morning; hopefully they're loading up and moving over to you guys. This woman needs a big old fine slapping now, charges and all as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck, fingers crossed there's some movement. I'll be keeping an eye out for some good news.

Hi,
Well we have not heard one word and surprise surprise DECC's phone goes to message bank......

They are ****ing useless. I can't believe that we are actually paying for our licences as they don't seem to care about people stealing reptiles or keeping them off licence. This whole situation is a crook of ****.

wishing you's the best of luck for today. Hopefully this is the last day of your animals being in someone elses hands.

*sigh* Im sorry to here this. This should of been fixed. My heart go's out 2 u and ur pets and I hope after Iv typed this I see a comment that u have ur pets back safe and sound.

Actually I think a quite protest rally outside the DECC offices with the media in attendance would go down real well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I cannot put into words what has happened today, devastated does not even begin to explain how I feel now.........:(:(.
Wayne is writing as we speak, but the long and short of it is.....we will not be getting anything back, thanks to a major #%@$ up by DECC and what makes it worse is that they don't care.........

Hey guys...

We finally got onto the Ranger who has previously been mentioned, she has just informed us that all 22 animals (including ours) was seized last night and all were taken into some care takers home...***??? We specifically said to contact us as soon as you have them and we will come down and collect them, instead they hand them over to god knows who, who has god knows what in their collection and what they have had their previously. We are yet again just dumb founded as to what planet this so called care of wildlife government is living on?

This ultimately means we have lost everything, only because of the fact that we will not risk bringing them back into our collection as god only knows what they have picked up on the way.

Not only did we go off our brain at the park ranger that is suppose to be the ducks nuts in caring for wildlife, but Leanne asked her if she even knew what OPMV was, the ranger replied 'No'?... You have got to be kidding us, do you even know anything about taking care of reptiles, what their needs are and the risks involved in transporting diseases etc, she replied again... 'No'? What are they doing in that role, what studies have they done regarding reptiles? They must just sit there all day long and push a pen around and let all their calls go through to message bank....

Sorry guys, I'm just so and beyond peeved off, I'm just lost for words as to how this has panned out.

I contacted the NSW Ombudsman again this morning, they informed me that it can take up to two weeks to investigate and someone will get back to me shortly, lol...just like the govenment agency we have been dealing with recently? And I thought Queensland was looked on as being the slow state of Australia?

We will be seeking compensation from NSW Parks now due to the loss of our animals.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported us through all of this, I know your not aloud to mention anything that is illegal on here, but basically if this happens to anyone else... forget doing things the right way, cause it just does not work!!!

Oh guys Im so so sorry to here this! This is just not cool at all!!! I wish I could do something to help!!!!

Just to let you all know, the rangers or whatever they are called have know idea of what OPMV is or that reptiles can acquire diseases and parasites by being put into care with wild caught animals! ***, are these people required to have any knowledge reptiles or do they just apply for a job and get it?

As far as I know (I may be wrong!) I started a full BA in since to become a ranger back in 2001 and we did learn all about anatomy and physiology of many different animals and geography but we did not go into full depth on a specific animal. We did learn that all animals require different enviro's but not much else. It was understood that after you finished the course that if you wished to learn more about a species that you would do further study. So if its the same then as it is now I do not think they have much info on what is required.

I think a petition, a quiet rally by any and all carers around the area, and email and phone swamping by those of us who can't make it may be in order. Come on guys, lets work it! Media, friends, family... what can we do that's not illegal?

I think a rally outside the offices is the way to go, nothing illegal about that as long as you behave yourselves. Where are the offices located? If I'm within sensible distance I'm in...

Wanye and leanne im so sorry to here all this, what a pack of idiots the rangers are it must of been to hard to pick up the phone and call you to come and collect the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back