water dragon information

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mareebapython

Reaction score
would just like to know what kind of fruit and veg i can feed to my eastern water dragon? how many crickets should i feed it a day, my guess is that its about 6 moths old but im not 100% sure, its eating medium size ones. and what is the minimum size enclosure for when its a adult.

cheers.

They will eat most the same stuff as bearded dragons so have a look for a list of foods for beardies. Mine only really eats carrot.
I am feeding my young one 2/3 size crickets about 6-8 a day.
My adult is in a 4ft x 4ft x 2.5ft at the moment but will go outside once it warms up.

Mine likes rock melon :D
when his an adult he will be 3 foot long and its recommended that its 3 times its length and 2 times width. So I guess 9ft by 6ft thats when he should be outside.

Mine eat most things in the fridge, chopped broccoli, spinach, grated carrot, grated apple, fresh corn chopped, grated zucchini, celery leaves, grated pear, chopped kiwi fruit, chopped strawberries.

They barely touched any of it until nearly 12months old, now they love a good salad :) Mix a bit if calcium supplement with it.

As for crickets, I've always just dumped a stack in there, the dragons will gobble a heap straight away, then pick off the ones that managed to hide quick enough later.
Try to vary the insects you feed them too. I use wood roaches (bred in a colony at home) meal worms, earth worms, caterpillars, spiders, moths, blowflies etc. I catch insects about the house, but we live in a bushy area and don't use chemicals in the house or garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back