Weird Eating Habit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milney

Reaction score
I have got a yearling Diamond that was eating Fuzzy rats before she went off her for for winter. since it has heated up and she was looking for food i have been offering her fuzzys for the last 4-5 weeks, she strikes them and raps but never eats them. I was worried so i offered her pink rats and she has twice now eaten 4 of them in one meal. Is is possile that she is unable to swallow the fuzzys anymore? i would not be asking this if she had not already been eating this size befor winter when she was much smaller. I also have her sister from the same clutch and she has never missed a feed and is smashing Fuzzy rats.

P.S please do not reply check temps as the temps are the same in both cages and if it was the temps neither snake would be eating fuzzys.

thanks for any help in advance.

All my snake that go off there food for winter never take the same size as they were when they start to eat again.
It normally takes be about six weeks to work them back to the right size again.

I have a Darwin Carpet that does something similar on and off. The trick I use that tends to get him back on the rat (excuse the pun) is to get him eating the smaller food source and then as he is still in feeding mode, offer him the larger weaner rat which goes down as normal. Give that a try and see how you go as it shouldnt be a size issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back