Weird Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdueb84

Reaction score
Just to make this clear, I would never do this. I live in the States and own an Aru Scrub and a Coastal Carpet. The Carpet is pretty tame and never bit me. He does head butt me when I first enter his enclosure but that's about it. Now my Scrub is a different story. He/her just bit me a couple of weeks ago in the leg. He/she I would say is about 5ft now. He/she has a very tall enclosure and mostly stays in it's tree. My dad and I the other day was looking at him/her and discussing his/her nasty disposition. He asked me if I ever put anything live in there. My snakes always eat frozen-thawed. It made me wonder how he/she would respond to something other than a rodent like a Rose hair Tarantula. I did some research and could not find anything other than Tarantulas getting the best of snakes. I guess my question is does anyone know of snakes killing tarantulas or even eating spiders. Again, I would never test this just curious because my Scrub is so alert and watches me as soon as I approach it's enclosure. He/she is very aggressive and I couldn't help but wonder how it would respond to another species other than rodents.

It would probably ignore the tarantula
But would the tarantula ignore the snake if it slithered too close and it felt threatened?

Not an idea worth considering in my opinion

scrubbies tend to be agressive snakes but are also very intelegent. just wait till he/ she gets bigger lol you'll have fun. i would never put a spider in with my snakes not worth the risk. live feeding may make him/ her more agressive towards movement e.g you hand wen you next try to ge him out.

If a python acknowledges food as a moving live offering it will deffinatly be more prone to attack with a feeding response which you are encouraging by doing so,

I honestly think the python would ignore the spider and the spider would be the aggressor,standing its ground if/when the snake came to close for comfort.

I would never test it out I was just wondering if anyone has heard of anything happening like that. Reason is I seen a video where a Fer De Lance went down a tarantulas hole and was killed by the spider. The snake didn't ignore the spider and did attack but was struck first by the spider. Just curious if anyone has seen any different results. My Scrub is so aware and does not ignore the slightest movement near his/her cage. Just couldn't help but wonder would he/she ignore another creature or attack it just like he/she does me everytime I'm near his/her cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back