What a waste of a day!!!! Some people are just rude!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So i bought a snake enclosure on ebay and arranged to meet the seller half way to pick it up today..

We left our place at 11 to be at Asquith (the other side of sydney)for 12pm... at 11:45 i got a msg from the seller saying she would be late, and she would be there at 1pm instead, I said no worries, we'll go somewhere for lunch (as we were almost there by that time). At 1pm I get a message saying "im so sorry we are still running late. i'm waiting for my boyfriend to get home as the tank wont fit in my car and i cant get a hold of him. where do you live maybe i can ask him to drop it to you? :( i'm sorry..."

GRRRRR- she should be sorry... I wasted 3 hours of my saturday driving up there, to basically have lunch... it cost me $70 ($30 for petrol and $40 for lunch) to get there. I had to drag my vomiting daughter there. I also now have a P'd off husband for making him late to something else...

what a brilliant day!!! AND I STILL DONT HAVE AN ENCLOSURE FOR WORM!!!!! ARRRRHHHHH...

2 hours later and i still havent heard anything from her, she mustnt want the money too badly...

Well I guess there's one good thing about it.....she doesn't have your money !!! Guess you won't be dealing with her again...but I can certainly understand your anger and frustration ....

the only thing i am worried about is if i dont finalise the transaction, ebay may give me negative feedback... i have a 100% good feedback rating and dont want to ruin that... i will give her until tomorrow to have the enclosure to me, but i am seriously thinking about only giving her $120 to recoup the cost of fuel for our wasted time...

Its a massive pain in the bum because I dont drive so i cant get anywhere to pick up an enclosure unless hubby is with me...

on a good note, i met Darring and his wife today, and they are the loveliest of people, they even let me hold a baby GTP!!!! He was so lovely, i may have changed my thoughts on getting one!!

Last edited:
If she is going to bring it to you this time then I cant see why you think she owes you money for fuel as you would have factored that in anyway

A 2 hour round trip costs you $30 in petrol? I would be checking to see if there are any holes in your fuel tank.

If she is going to bring it to you this time then I cant see why you think she owes you money for fuel as you would have factored that in anyway

lol, just because i was p'd off and venting! yes i had factored it in, but i had also intended on coming home with an enclosure, not sitting around for an hour doing nothing when the woman hadnt even shown up! but its all good now anyway, i have had further contact with her and she said she is definitely coming today..

Goodluck, i hope she does turn up & 'worm' gets his new home.

I hope your daughter gets better quickly too, nothing worse then a sick baby!! As for hubby........give him some lovin', he'll be right! ;)

A 2 hour round trip costs you $30 in petrol? I would be checking to see if there are any holes in your fuel tank.

I could use $30 in fuel in a 2hour trip easy depending on how I drive.. If I drive gently I use around 15L/100km, if i open it and give it to it I use alot more but get there alot quicker lol they joys of driving a LS3..

" at Ramsayi:- ha ha ha ha I would be happy if it only cost me $30 in fuel for 2 hours driving(I have a lead foot rofl)" Glad it has worked out for you NTLS it is sometimes hard dealing with strangers(the trust thang) but restores faith when the right thing is done :)

If it hadn't worked out I would have contacted Ebay and pointed out the muck around etc surely the seller would get the negative backlash not you.

Here's hoping we see a nice pick of worm and his new home in the next couple of days.

better day than some people though, some one got hit by a car out the front of my house by a 60 year old friend, the girl who got hit was 4-5 and she got rushe dto hospital and so did the 60 year old friend(cheryl)

and im not trying to be rude.

Last edited:
It is rude...this is not the "let's one up the OP" thread.

Gosh. How silly of a response. i find this really frustrating.
CLEARLY what is a bad day is relative too the person.
I'm sure youve had bad days not involving being hit by a car.

i have to many quotes to reply to, but yes, we put $30 in the car and the trip up Pennant hill road and back cost at least $25 (we came back on empty) traffic was bad.

but at the end of the day all was sorted and after the expo tomorrow Worms house (which he as already figured out how to escape from) will be sorted out, and thats all that matters!

yes things could have been worse, Jak066, but in my books carting a vomiting 3 yr old from here to there was bad enough!!!

anyway, cant wait to catch up with some of you at the expo later today, that is if hubby is still talking to me after coming home at 2 am this morning, lol!!!

Last edited:
If it hadn't worked out I would have contacted Ebay and pointed out the muck around etc surely the seller would get the negative backlash not you.

Here's hoping we see a nice pick of worm and his new home in the next couple of days.

As a seller on ebay you can't leave negative feedback. I had an issue recently where I listed a fish tank, only to smash it before the listing ended (MAD!!!!), my internet was going mental and wouldn't let me remove the listing, i could only edit it to say it wasn't available. Some stupid mole put a bid on it after i edited the listing (I'm pretty sure she did it intentionally), and then cracked it and left me bad feedback, and as a seller, I could only leave her good feedback. That made me ANGRY! And ebay wouldn't remove it because of stupid freedom of speech. pfft. So sometimes it does pay to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not always though, some are just douchebags.

Glad to see you got your enclosure though, and everything worked out okay in the end. :)

Newtolovingsnake, Sydney traffic is the pits at the best of times so an hour in that with a crook kid, and then an unexpected hour to have to kill/waste plus an unexpected lunch bill (probably bought to lift your spirits). And you still went home empty handed... yeah, I see where the "Not happy Jan!" might come in.

I recall getting advice from friends on days like that... Cheer up. Things could be worse. So sure enough, whenever I cheered up, things got worse!

JAKO, the way I read your post the incident very much affected you and your day has been pretty crap too. The introductory comparison was not the best way to start it but you will know better in future. Putting aside questions of how and who is to blame, I hope the little one is not seriously injured and your friend is not too distraught. Just being an observer involved in things like that can be very upsetting and unsettling. So I hope you are doing OK.

Newtolovingsnake, sounds worm is well named. Worming his / her way out of the new enclosure in no time flat. LOL. We are only able to keep Stimmie out of the Antaresia group and they are escapologists, I swear. I have seen them slip out between the locked slide glass doors on several enclosures. So we always recommend use of a weather strip in there. What is Worm and how was he / she getting out.

Blue

hey blue, worm is a woma, the cage came with a magnetic lock, which is obviously ineffective... lol.

hes back in his click clack until i get a proper lock for him.

and no expo for me :( tilly has a 39 degree temp and is vomiting still. think we'll end up at westmead soon as she cant keep anything down :(

stick on picture hook and a strong rubber band works really well instead of a magnetic clip

I woke up

So Im having a great day

thanks longqi, but with a 3 yr old running amok, ill buy a key lock so she cant get into the enclosure.. i just thought id try the magnetic out, but definitely not impressed with it...

the little girl (stephony) is fine, she had a broken leg, and all the bruising, im not sure how cheryl is, but the reason why i was worried is she has had several heart attacks.

and sorry for sounding like i was having a go at you NTLS, i wasnt trying to sound rude.

Last edited:
Nawwww poor Matilda!! :( I hope she is better real real soon!! Sending love your way, i know how stressful it is when our little ones are not well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back