Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydro noun15

Reaction score
just wondering if snakes can actually tell who their owner is?
so if two people went in a room at a different time would the snake know?
and if a robber came the snake would know and bite and stuff(if you trained it or something)!
i hope they can that would be cool:D !
any answers?

i guess they can smell our scent, thats about it. they can recognize our scent over other peoples. thats about as far as it goes.

just wondering if snakes can actually tell who their owner is?
so if two people went in a room at a different time would the snake know?
and if a robber came the snake would know and bite and stuff(if you trained it or something)!
i hope they can that would be cool:D !
any answers?

Had to laugh at the Robber comment :D

phear my trained attack snake!!!! *runs screaming and flailing arms*

hahahahahahaha.. @ Recharge and Aslan...
Too funny this thread is..
No.. is the answer.. snakes cannot really be trained..
It is enuff that they tolerate you and dont bite you...
and if your snake doesnt bite you.. then chances are it wont bite anyone else either..

i think they call tell who their owner is,...when people come over and are holding Loki he continually reaches out towards me regardless of where i'm standing and changes direction when i move to a different place. we tested him a while ago, i dont think it was a fluke.

I'm with you Chris1 as my little mac Sassi does the same thing and it doesn't matter in which direction I'm in she'll stretch out to me until I come get her!!!

I know, I know I'm anthromo....whatever...sising!!! :rolleyes:
But it makes ME feel special ;)

Mell

hey mrsshep and chris1.. im not saying in any way that ur snakes arent affectionate.. let that be known strait away...
My advice was that they cant be trained.. like a guard dog...
I am not meaning any offence in my statement...
thank you for ur time..

i think they recognise us, my coastal Brutus always give me wedgies and my Woma's are forever taking dirty bigger turds when my father is in the reptile room knowing full well that he will drop everything and clean it up on the spot. I think they do pick up on your scent.

Simone.

lol well my female coastal has a thing more over my husband then me but my male coastal loves me more then the hubby......Taz (male coastal) loves playing ima tag ya with him every time he moves near me while im holding him lol funny that....

they can scent you for sure,
my mate's centralian luuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvzzzzz me.

hey mrsshep and chris1.. im not saying in any way that ur snakes arent affectionate.. let that be known strait away...
My advice was that they cant be trained.. like a guard dog...
I am not meaning any offence in my statement...
thank you for ur time..

No offence taken Hoppa!!! :D
Yeah I don't think training a snake would be very logical, especially mine!!!
I think if a robber broke into our house our diamond would just look him up n down and go back to sleep!!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back