what did you think of the hawkesbury reptile expo???????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks-pythons

Reaction score
what did you guys think of the show????? honestly i was very disapointed. the tables where so close together you couldnt see anything with out trying to peer over someone else. it was the human traffic just piling up. maybe im just being fussy but i was picturing it so much different. i loved the accessories part, it worked so well. thats how i thought it should of been.

I'm sorry you were disappointed mate!

I guess I have come to expect this kinda environment at an expo, and it doesn't bother me as much. It's kinda hard to avoid given the people that flock there. Because it's more than strictly sales, you can't tell people to keep moving, they wanna admire, chat to the seller etc etc. and that's not unreasonable.

Do you have any ideas about how to avoid crowds three deep?

thought it was good. well set up.
if you dont like crowds, get there early. i got there about 10.30 and had no problems seeing everything on the tables.

I Had a great Day at the show!
It was VERY busy and the day seemed to go so quickly.

I must agree the tables were definitely crammed way to close together, which made it difficult to get a proper look & also made it difficult to talk to people properly without blocking others,.

If I could have changed anything about the day it would be to space the tables out & have a fair distance between each seller table.

It is also real shame that some grubby little turd decided to thieve one of our mates pythons from our table we shared , which is very disappointing :( apart from those issues,. I had a great day,. was great to meet alot of you & put faces to names.

Also I am pleased to announce I have added some froggies to my Family! I just couldnt resist any longer!
2 Green Trees & 6 Baby White lipped!! I am in love!

It is also real shame that some grubby little turd decided to thieve one of our mates pythons from our table we shared , which is very disappointing :( apart from those issues,. I had a great day,. was great to meet alot of you & put faces to names.

Also I am pleased to announce I have added some froggies to my Family! I just couldnt resist any longer!
2 Green Trees & 6 Baby White lipped!! I am in love!

Thats a bummer, i hope you find who it was somehow. Hope you enjoy your new frogs :D

Apparently someone else had 2 pythons stolen by some lowlife scum.What made it even worse was that an adult distracted the seller while a couple of kids,(presumably his) grabbed a couple of animals and made off with them.

My take on the day was that it was a very good show and the organisers deserve a huge thank you! The last expo of the year and a really good one to end them on.

On the criticism of too many people on the day I would of thought that the success or otherwise would be measured on crowd attendance,so given the numbers through the door it was a raging success.

I thought it was pretty good yeah the tables a bit close together but still was a good day got very packed as most the expo's do lol
I was pleased with how it all turned out and enjoyed it loved so many reptiles on sale wish I could have brought some.

Kelly that suxs some people are just scum to steel reptiles from a expo sorry to hear that only wish they got caught they don't deserve to own a reptile.

i hate those low lifes who steal at expo's. snake ranch had one or two taken last time. didnt get to speak to them this time so i hope it wasnt as bad. should have a reciept which you have to show when leaving with an animal to prove it was purchased.

Sounds like it's time to display all reptiles in locked cabinets. No touchy until money handed over.

i thought the expo was great! i esp liked the shows by anthony and neville. you can't really do anything about the crowding at the tables, spacing them out more i feel would allow more thefts from stands and even if the setup was seller table, empty table, seller table, empty table, it still won't stop the crowding!

Sounds like it's time to display all reptiles in locked cabinets. No touchy until money handed over.

sadlly thats the world we live in. Agree with the receipt should be shown upon leaving as well as bags checked upon entering and leaving as part of entering condition. I got there at 9.50am and sure guy taking a container out of his bag with Lizards inside it.Not sure if he purchassed it or bought it from home.If he bought it from home what about quarantine restrictions.

It was not to bad...but I agree with a lot of others that the sales area was a shamozzel.
It was too cramped and would have been a much better proposition to have them spread out a bit...not like they didn't have the room.

I had a great day. Sold a few of my babies and I am sure they went to good homes.
I made Garth make me a stand so that my animals could be seen well and no way any of them could of been pinched. I did however have a hatchling BHP in a tub right beside me,that I watched like an eagle, so would of been hard to run off with.
You are always going to get those kind of grubs,it is the world we live in, no matter where the expo is or how diligently it is controlled.
There is no easy answer of the crowding of the sellers table, if you have them spaced apart, that makes more opportunities for grubs to steal things! People like to talk to the seller to get as much info about the animal/s that they like to purchase, so there is not much moving along quickly.
Big Congratulations to Hawkesbury Herpetological Society for a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its devastating that some people can steal animals from a crowed room, let along with so many people their.
I really feel sorry for the people that have had their babies stolen. And i hope the scumbags that stole them get what is coming towards them tenfold.
On a good note the show was good, alittle over crowded but you could never predict the type of turn out for any type of show.
I picked up a beautiful little jungle while i was their (see what happens when i leave hubby and they baby at home). Oh and yes i'll have to post some piccys soon once he settles in.

On a special note a big thank you to Hawkesbury Herp Society for the great day, and to all the breeders who brought in their beautiful little babies. And believe me it was hard not to walk out with the whole room, but the credit card would of maxxed out!

It was not to bad...but I agree with a lot of others that the sales area was a shamozzel.
It was too cramped and would have been a much better proposition to have them spread out a bit...not like they didn't have the room.
It has been said before but it would be pretty much impossible to do anything about the crowds. There is only a finite amount of space in front of a table. Spreading them out would achieve nothing except to give the breeders more area to have to watch for thieves.

Fay where was your table?

One of reason people normally set tables up really close next to each other is to stop the public walking around the other side. If you leave a gap people will walk around the other side of the table to get what they think is a better look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everyone on the table position and all the dirty scum lads, but all in all was a good day put a nice olive on hold which i will get soon :)

I was next to Camos, he was on the corner, but down towards Turtles R Us.

I had the three big frogs. All my hatchies were under perspex with yellow and blue gravel.

Oh damn I walked past you like a million times. Pretty sure I even stopped to admire your animals. Told you to wear a name tag! :p

It was alright, I was definitely thinking the same thing about spreading the tables further apart.
Although couldn't hear the man that was doing the Reptile Show.
I over heard this little girl saying to her friend, ''Let's go take some more pictures of the Komodo Dragon''.
Outcome: Lace Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back