What do people do with there old snake skins that they have shed???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this day and age you should always try to recycle, thats why I use mine as condoms ( the ones from my scrub python ).

:D:DBrilliant:D:D

I keep my last one from each snake to compare with the newest one to check growth and then I throw it away and keep the new one to do the same next time round

go and decorate your neighbours yards with them kids ,especially the ones that arent your favourite neighbours:)

steal the neighbors guinea pig and replace it with a snake shed

In this day and age you should always try to recycle, thats why I use mine as condoms ( the ones from my scrub python ).

lol, well done.

so what happens when you are on a hot date and she comes back for a coffee? Got no sheds left, hang on love, just got to pump some rats into the snake, won't be a minute:shock:

back on topic- mine go to the bin. I kept a few but found that ants like to get into the fresh sheds if you leave them sitting around.

My son takes them to kindy for show and tell and i try to keep the last shed to compare size to the shed before just for fun. But i have 5 snakes so they are building up, I think im goin to bin them soon.

GREAT IDEA!!

I will have to tell my man.. I think I have some hatchy punctulata sheds around the place..;):lol:

Just kidding dear, Damn Im going to be in trouble when he reads this!!..:evil:.

i keep mine =) ive only got the one python tho and im into scrapbooking so i use them on her pages, i also slip them into the beds of friends who have slight snake phobia hehehe

I bin mine because my Bredli almost always *****s while shedding and the shed is covered with it :?

I like to keep the very first shed a snake has under my care so I can look back and see how cute and small they were. :)

i use mine in my art work. They make great texture for collage and paintings, and also serve the same purpose as snake skin for covering objects, but without the death factor. Many of my works that are say, paintings of snakes, i will cover said sake with the shed skin and glaze over the top, makes a great effect.
The extras i send to school with my prepie and they use them in art works too, so then they come home again on my youngest daughters collages lol.

I've kept the sheds in a large jar (only 4 so far). Its interesting to see his growth. I'm sure when I'm overwhelmed with sheds, I'll think of another use or bin them.

I have kept all mine. I let them dry and then place them in resealable plastic bags and date them so I roughly know when they are due for their next shed. It just helps to know when and if they go off their food it's probably time for a shed.
Anyway it works for me fine...:D

I have kept all mine. I let them dry and then place them in resealable plastic bags and date them so I roughly know when they are due for their next shed. It just helps to know when and if they go off their food it's probably time for a shed.
Anyway it works for me fine...:D

I used to do that when i first started out with snakes, now they usually go into the bin :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back