what do you do if you get bitten?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakkko

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm getting a snake soon and if i get bitten i need to know what to do

Any help???

you have to take photos and post them here, no cleaning blood before the pics are taken;)

So you've decided on what type of snake you want to get now?

Feel all warm and fuzzie because your snake cares enough to give you a love bite lol

hey

Chris-cool: nope, im going to speak with a breeder and see wat to get.

No i wont bite it back, but would you need to go to the doctor???

See a vet, make sure the snake hasn't caught anything nasty.

If you just clean out the bitemark then you shouldn't have to worry about anything

If it's a hatchling it's not going to do enough damage to need a band aid, my 7 month old MD at most only makes a dot of blood.

kk,

wat kinds of things make them aggresive?

Roids ;)

Just make sure your tetnus is up to date and being bitten wont be a problem.

Unless of course your getting an inland taipan............................

Last edited by a moderator:
Most hatchies are a bit bitey but often grow out of it by the time they are 1-2 years old. But, by the time s/he is full grown you will be well use to it's habits and over your fear of being bitten.

Giving them an enclosure too big can cause defensive behaviour. Poking at them, encouraging biting by waving in front of them will keep them bitey. Startling them. Gripping them rather than allowing them to move through your hands.

But you can't teach a snake not to bite. You'll either have a quiet one or a bitey one. Knowing its habits and knowing how to avoid putting yourself in a position to be bitten is the best method to avoid defensive behaviour from them. Even the crankiest jungle can be handled with little stress.

Last edited:
Bite it back.

One of my pythons Max, after having him for 1 and a half years finally bit me, and the next day half his body like crawled into my mouth and at the time I'm thinking I could so get you back right now. lol

Err yuk! Poor snake. He should have bitten your tongue. That would have taught you a valuable lesson :lol:

Just put him back in his enclosure but check up on him regularly, to make sure he doesn't suffer any allergic reaction or poisoning. ;)

If I get bitten, I always check to see if any teeth have been left behind. Its only happened once before but it felt like a little splinter had been left in the skin. I think it was caused because I pulled back quickly when the snake tagged me. I know it's hard to do, but it's best to take it like a man (sorry for sounding sexist) and not pull away - less chance of hurting the snake.

Dont worry Ive been bitten by our big jungle and it scares you more than hurts and the juvies bite is like a cat scratch! itches more than hurts.
Odie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back