what do yous use for waterbowls?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calebs92

Reaction score
springfield lakes ,ipswich ,qld ,australia
what do you's use as big water bowl/swimming tubs , i have a 4 ft bredli who loves to swim in a 10 litre blue tub, but the tub ugly an yuck. what could i use that looks natural an is big enough for a 7 ft adult bredli (when he get that big) to move around in ?
picture or comment please ?
just need to look natural an has to be big an it for his enclosure so abit practical to haha

thanks guys an girl :)

I don't know what the dimensions of the enclosure are or could be, however have you looked at something like the little shell pools that you could get at big w or K-mart?? I am not sure whether you can still get them or not though.

Edited because I didn't take the time to read your post properly.

Go to the garden section at Bunnings (haha yes, Bunnings again) and look for the saucers that go under the pot plants. I've got 2 of the larger ones in with my Bredli & Coastal. They both love them and can submerge completely in them :)

If the 'plastic' look isn't appealing, grab some silicone and peat moss, (gloves, too!) and apply a heap of silicone to the outside of the water bowl/tub and then rub the peat moss over it. Shake the excess off, and viola, a rainforest camo water bowl :)
Just make sure you air it for a few days as the silicone smells when it is applied to the plastic (well, I reckon it does, anyway)

Last edited:
i only have small reps at the moment...with the exception of my 2ft beardie but a bucket or ice cream container...a storage container even with a brick in the bottom or bag of sand to stop tipping would be fine

I just bought a terracotta ceramic saucer from bunnings tonight for my Bearded Dragon enclosure. I reckon it looks quite good with the red sand and dry timber theme I have going on in there. They have a good variety of sizes, might be worth a look.

I use the ceramic dog bowls as well, although I keep meaning to replace the ones with pawprints all over them LOL but the girls dont seem to mind them ;-)

big plastic laundry basin type thingy
bit of paper mache or poly filla to rough it out and will last forever

I have the biggest ceramic dog water bowls I could find in Kellyville pets for my diamonds, they're both about 4ft...

I use big ceramic baking dishes or serving bowls from Kmart. They are cheaper than ceramic pet bowls and easy to sterilise when my snakes poop in them with uncanny accuracy.

Soufflé dish for my two little ones,...well one isn't so little now so he'll get a smaller ceramic dog bowl soon.

I use the large plastic square dog bowls they are ok for bredlis they dont soak as other pythons do and do not drink as much either

The bhp used to love free diving in an XL glass goldfish bowl, but like all his toys he has outgrown it. Now he has a big placcy tub which he climbs up the wall, half way along the roof and swan dives into!

He is also taking over the spa on the balcony, wether we're in it or not :)

DSC_0148.jpgDSC_0146.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back