Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as there is a similar pattern to both the keelback and the roughy ...the head shape is different ,even at juvie stage ...roughys are more box head shaped and eyes arent as prominant as the keelback ,and of course the loreal scale that is not present on the roughy...
STILL at first glance you must take care ,and if your unsure TREAT IT LIKE A ROUGHY ..you certainly dont want to be making that mistake ....oh and as was already said its a keelback ....;)
DSCF1172.jpg

look at the head shape on this keelback ,to the roughy that fuscus has put up ...

i honestly dont understand how people get these snakes confused ? they are different looking snakes.

i guess being around both since a young(er) age makes it easier for me ?

Good old Keelback threads and un-educated guess's at an ID! :lol: Keelbakcs and Roughies are very easy to tell apart, as Wizz has said, 150% Keelback, no doubt about it.

i honestly dont understand how people get these snakes confused ? they are different looking snakes.

i guess being around both since a young(er) age makes it easier for me ?

Its something that just happens iv had people that should know the difference tell me a roughy they found in their yard was a python! I asked why they thought that and they said because of the shape of the head!! and these people werent new to snakes either! and I honestly dont understand that but I have experience, some people just dont and thats where the mistakes are made! I said to them if they werent 100% sure what it was why did they touch it? they said they were 100% sure it was a python!!

another friend found a snake in their yard and called the zoo to get an ID! over the phone they were told it was a harmless green tree snake so they put it in a bucket and took it down there when they arrived the zoo told them it was actually a tiger snake! given our locality I knew this was all wrong and asked if they got any photos, the showed me some pics of it and at first glance I could see it was another roughscaled snake!

Good old Keelback threads and un-educated guess's at an ID! :lol: Keelbakcs and Roughies are very easy to tell apart, as Wizz has said, 150% Keelback, no doubt about it.

very easy if you have experience Dan

that is a rough scaled snake i can tell bicause the head and the eyes are bigger then a keelback and keelbacks have small heads that is 100% rough scaled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back