Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons:BEARDIES!!!! love em to death
Monitors: Lacey
Geckos: Smooth Knobtail
Skink: No skinks!!

snakeluvver said:
Dragon: Frilled Neck Lizard (I think they're a dragon)
no they are not dragons!!! Chlamydosaurus kingii is their proper name

Dragons:BEARDIES!!!! love em to death
Monitors: Lacey
Geckos: Smooth Knobtail
Skink: No skinks!!

Umm...yes they are... They are part of the Agamidae family, commonly known as Dragons.

Page 408 of Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards states otherwise. :p

MONITORS: Spencer's Monitor (fav herp! but haven't had the chance to keep a lacey)
DRAGONS: Central Netted
GECKOES: Marbled Velvet
SKINKS: Western Blue Tongue

Frilled Neck DRAGON for me - I love their size and personalities :D

I would love a perentie every one Ive had the pleasure of dealing with has been an impressive animal.

As for geckoes I am determined to get my hands on a couple of Jewelled geckoes (S. elderi) in the future but theyre not the easiest to find

My favourtie is the eastern water dragon. I wish they were more open to being handled but thats them. I currently have 3 males and would love a female if anyone has any available.

I love Perenties. They are amazing.
Dragon: Frilled Neck or EWD.
Skink: Shinglebacks (So friendly)
Geckos: I have no experience with Geckos. Yet ;)
My favourtie is the eastern water dragon. I wish they were more open to being handled but thats them. I currently have 3 males and would love a female if anyone has any available.
Check petpages they are everywhere at the moment.

Blotched blueys(alpine form) and shingle backs. Love tiliqua so easy to look after they will eat anything and if you want to breed them no incubation needed..

Ben

danieloflat said:
don't you like skinks lambertr?
nope, to small (some of them) and i'm a big lizard person especially with monitors and dragons! plus i live in the country and i've kind of adopted a pet frilly up at my dads place...he lets me touch him and hand feed him etc. i've even named him...sir frillster! funny part is he knows my sisters car so he runs up to it and greets me..dad and my step mum think im like a lizard whisperer and my sister just shrugs and says 'hi sir frillster'.

Rocket said:
Umm...yes they are... They are part of the Agamidae family, commonly known as Dragons
. my apologies

Dragons - central beardies
Skinks - Shinglebacks
Geckos - Amyae
Monitors - never owned any, but i think the mangrove monitors are the prettiest, closely followed by spencers! :p

i only see him when i go to my dads. ohh and in the horse paddock theres a big bluey like its massive, the next door neighbours have a vegie patch and it feeds off the vegies, snails, slugs, worms and everything. i've only seen her 3 times...i know its a female coz i picked her up and sexed her. bush lizards are really docile and human friendly out my dads way... otherwise its just me and i give off a vibe or something.

nope, to small (some of them) and i'm a big lizard person especially with monitors and dragons! plus i live in the country and i've kind of adopted a pet frilly up at my dads place...he lets me touch him and hand feed him etc. i've even named him...sir frillster! funny part is he knows my sisters car so he runs up to it and greets me..dad and my step mum think im like a lizard whisperer and my sister just shrugs and says 'hi sir frillster'.

. my apologies
that....is awesome....lol my mum reckons my beardies sulk and get depressed when im not there, she thinks its coz they love me.....i think its coz i feed them more than her, and they get to come out of their cage when im there

yeah same, when i went away for 2 days for new years i kept getting messages from mum saying how much yoda missed me and all he did was sleep. when im not around yoda never gets taken out for a run around or hug or anything. i have my uncles 60th in perth but im not going coz of all our animals and i don't trust anyone that they will feed him right or cuddle him.

yeah same, when i went away for 2 days for new years i kept getting messages from mum saying how much yoda missed me and all he did was sleep. when im not around yoda never gets taken out for a run around or hug or anything. i have my uncles 60th in perth but im not going coz of all our animals and i don't trust anyone that they will feed him right or cuddle him.
mean much? lol...yeh i would probably do the same, depending on the time i was away, recently i left for 4 days, well the whole family did, i lowered the temps a bit, topped up the water, and chucked a pack of woodies in there...when i got back they were sleeping in the same hide, one on top of the other......and the smaller one had some chunks out of his tail....grrrrrr...they were only little, and have healed now....but i am not doing that again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back