What kind of Rabbit is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Penrith

Reaction score
Hi,
My partner and i were recently given this big fella. Anyone know what kind of rabbit it is? Also dont be alarmed by how small the cage is! We have a big one on the way as we plan on getting a couple more.
Cheers

Attachments

• Rabbit.jpg
    Rabbit.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 185
Na Bredli will down those as well.
My Coastals used to love a bunny also--big cuddles;)
As for the breed, could be a lop but more likely crossed with a larger breed.

The rabbit in that photo looks like a seal point miniature lop rabbit to me. It is too small to be a standard lop and looks like it's been kept outside so its "seal points" are faded a bit (they are normally grey/brown). Looks like a bit of a cutie though

i dont know if it is a mini lop or a standard lop its hard to tell. i have a standard lop and hes not much bigger than the mini. also depends how old it is if he is young he might still have some growing to do. but dont worry standad lops a still on the small side i have a new zealnd x and he is almost half his size lol. new zealand's are one of the bigest breeds.

Standard lops are HUGE rabbits, then there is the dwarf lop... and in more recent years you now have the mini lop.

The one above is definitely NOT a standard. I would assume its a dwarf as they are the more common out of the mini and dwarf varietys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back