what makes a hypo coloured snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shellshock

Reaction score
just wondering because so far i cant tell what does being hypo coloured consist off

thank you anything else because i hAVE seen them with bredlis and coastels and other snkes and how much more are they worth

Yes be sure not to put too many carbs in their diet :wink:

mad to do that with every snake i buy and advertise it as a hypo [ie. no ritlain] but be sure to give plenty of suger thanx brown ps i have seen some beaut pics of ur snakes

here comes some nub questions, so feel free to rag on it, but how do u feed ur snakes carbs and ritalin? and i can u turn a bredli into a hypo if it wasnt bred that way?! also if yes is it good for the snakes health?

rag away!! :p

I will go easy on you. :lol:

Hypo, is short for Hypomelanistic.

Meaning lack of melanin (Pigment) in the skin, resulting in reduced or no black/dark colours.

They are only born that way.

In many cases hypos seem to fetch a slightly higher price, depending of how Hyopmelaistic it is.

Some people like to claim to have a hypo colour snakes just because it is a little lighter than average. So the definition is some times blurred.

Be careful with buying "hypo" hatchlings, as many develop standard/darker colouration as they grown..

Good luck

hypo carpet, sorry about the pic quality as it looks very washed out but you get the idea.

Will post some really hot hypo pics soon as ad is comming up with his new you-beaut slr digital camera.
Will get him to take some pics of other stuff to as Browns may never show.

G'day,

My knowlege with hypo carpets is pretty limited compare to a few members of this list, like any other carpet morphs they come in lots of variety, best to buy from a proven line, and I'm sure many will agree that even then you cannot guarantee how they going to turn out, Just reminds me a bit like jungles, here's a pics of my 3 year old breeder.

Regards,
Joel

Ritalin was the name given to a hypo bredli by his owner."Junglepython" Ritalin is a drug used to assist kids with Attention Deficit Disorder with their attention span. (ADD) Kids who suffer from it tend to be hypo (hyperactive) The name is clever and the significance may have been lost on you.
Don't give ritalin to your snakes or sugar. Rodents and birds will be fine for most snakes.

You can't turn a snake into a hypo.It is luck of the draw in nature and then clever breeding and selection after that by breeders. My guess is that albino and hypo snakes born in the wild are much easier pickings for predators because they stick out like dogs' rounded things instead of being coloured to suit their environment.

Trueblue , that is one ugly little snake . I'll tell you what , i will take that ugly little thing and it's brothers and sisters off your hands , so you don't get stuck with them , for um , 1 x carton of XXXX , kiwi's drink that stuff , don't they ?

They are ugly mongrel looking critters arnt they.

I normally sell the hypos for $500, the only trouble is the last couple of seasons I cant get close to fill the demand for them. Next season I should have at least 2-3 cluches and some will be better by far than any Ive produced so far. Yes next season I expect to have some real sceamers to say the least.

Amazing , an olive python with spots , i suppose it's still worth a carton !. Better throw in the parents , i don't want you making that same mistake again . It's even uglier in real life , should try and take the photo from its good side , help the ugly little thing out . I had better come down and take some proper photo's for you over the break , people will begin to think you only breed wierd , hypo , striped things .

There sure are some good hypo's out there, here is a picture I had on file of one that we have here.

Regards tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back