What Should I Do??????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond_python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Next weekend I am flying to Sydney for the weekend and have no one to look after my central beardies (all juvies). I would like to know if it is illegal to give them to someone for a couple of days or if there are other alternatives?? My snake is being taken care of as my mum will come over and look after it, but she has a major fear of lizards and I have no idea what I should do with them for a couple of days? ANy suggestions please. Thanks all.. :)

If it is only a couple of days, then both the beardies and the snake should be fine. Are you flying to Sydney on the Saturday then back on the Sunday?? If so then they would definatly be fine. Just give them lots of fresh water and a good feed before you go. JMO

Regards Alex

I know a lot of people that give them to someone else to look after, it won't be a problem...=- I'm not sure if you should write it up in your book somehow, to be on the safe side? Anybody here do something like that, and how?

Lol, didn't realise it was just for a weekend... Agreed with alex, if it's only a couple days. You could even leave a few greens in there. Timers available from the hardware store for less than $10 (i get 2 for $12 I think) to control heating/lighting if you've been doing it manually.

Yeah flying out Saturday morning and flying home Sunday night. What do other people do in this situation, or what would you do if you were in this situation....

All lights and heating are thermostatically controlled and on timers so that is no problem... Just the food & drink issue is my concern...

Saturday morning and flying home Sunday

Don't worry about anything, if all your heating is set up properly then you have nothing to worry about. It's only like 24hours. The dragons will be fine.

If you still don't want to leave them then maybe you could find someone to look after them. I don't think the authorities would look down on this very harshly at all. I don't think they would care. JMO

Regards Alex

If I were in that situation, I wouldn't worry about it. I left a couple young (~3month) pygmy monitors (6cm s-v) here when I went down to melb. for the pails thing, I left friday midday and got back tuesday... was only meant to be 2 days without food, ended up being 3, I wasn't worried and they were fine :)

hey paul, i think sometimes people get a reptile friend (if they have one! ;)) to come over and take care of their herps while they're away...that way they're not leaving your property so you dont have to worry about notifying the department or anything. i think this weekend they should be fine like the others have said but in the future we'd be happy to pop over and check on them/feed them for you if you go away for a longer period...that's if you want us knowing where you live ;)

OUZO to the rescue. Thanks. I appreciate that. I now think they will be fine over the weekend, but if I ever go away longer, I will keep you in mind. I would also do the same for you as you would probably have trouble getting Afro out of bed. lol :)

Luckily for me I give my solitary snake to the person I bought her off when I was off for a couple of weeks :D She actually liked seeing what was happening to one of the snakes she has sold and seems almost pleased to look after her :D I guess I'm lucky in the regard!

I can't comment on the Beardies as I'm not familiar with their upkeep, but the snake won't be a problem at all at home alone - it'll probably enjoy the peace & quiet your involuntarily giving it anyhow :lol::lol:

I don't write up anything in my books nor do I inform anyone about it! Why create more red tape than that which is there already? Anyway, that's my view on it and I'm sticking to it! :lol: :wink:

Add an extra water bowl to each enclosure before you go. will lessen the chances of them crapping in their sole water supply the minute you walk out the door. Murphy (murphys law) should be shot! :D

afro i got that truck you wanted mate when we doing it?? :twisted: just kidding.

Re: RE: What Should I Do??????????

OuZo said:
hey paul, i think sometimes people get a reptile friend (if they have one! ;)) to come over and take care of their herps

Yeah we get our reptile friends, the garden skinks, to come in an look after our herps :wink:

That'd be right Afro, just rob me whilst I am gone. I would never know it was you. lol. The only way I would know is if my house was empty and I see a post on this site on Monday from you saying that you are buying a pair of GTP. I may get suspicious then. lol :)

its funny how some people are scared of lizards and not snakes,the majority of the time its the other way around,i know a few people like this and it always makes me wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back