What sort of python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robscl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Found this little fella under some tarps at my nephews place

Any idea what sort of python it is?

Attachments

• snake_007.jpg
    snake_007.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 258
  • snake_011.jpg
    snake_011.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 275
  • snake_012.jpg
    snake_012.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 260
Who has owned it good thing u caught it. Dont let it go what ever you do!!

Before this goes much further, it might be worth asking whether these photos were taken in Australia! We've been stitched up like this before.

I dotn want to start up another thread and get a handful, but why do people hate these snakes so much? IF you found one could you tell the decc and say i found a corn snake and ask if you can keep it but if you cant keep it anymore just give it to them the freeze?

I don't understand why anyone hates them? Is there something I should know about......

snakemadness, people hate them in Australia because they damage our ecology (competition for other snakes, etc.). They are illegal in Australia, and the DEC/EPA, etc. will not allow you to keep it. They will take and euthanise it, it's as simple as that.

I know that they r illegal but what i really mean is why do they hate them even if they werent illegal would people still hate them? I didnt know they damage our ecology.

I dotn want to start up another thread and get a handful, but why do people hate these snakes so much? IF you found one could you tell the decc and say i found a corn snake and ask if you can keep it but if you cant keep it anymore just give it to them the freeze?
its an exotic that has either been illegally imported into australia or a decendent of these illegal snakes. they arent able to be kept as they have been deemed to be a risk to our native stocks. yes they are a living creature and are a nice looking snake, but there illegal. wow never thought id be taking such a moral stand

Not sure but I think its an amelanistic (albino) , cornsnake...

-Wil

that is a corn snake - if you are in Australia it must not be released....
they are incredibly beautiful tho :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back