Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiegriny

Not so new Member
Reaction score
what type of gecko is this the little guy was behind my dressing table

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 204
Asian House gecko...i cant beleive how much variations there is with them.Ive caught some so light(hypo) while others were really dark brown..Theres so many around,i cant find any other geckos..101_0787.jpgAfter i moved into my new place i found 2 eggs,didnt know what they were so i incubated and 67days later these tiny geckos emerged..Theres was some1 on one of the reptile sites(4 sale) selling them for $35each,i wrote to him asking if i need a licence,he said no..Then i told him i catch 20-30nearly every night,he ask me where i lived as he wanted to go and catch a heap..
pencil.png

Attachments

• 101_0789.jpg
    101_0789.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Pythons, my friend found an animal that looked exactly like that in his backyard, whilst mowing his lawn.
He took it to us as it couldn't move it's legs, and he thought it was a skink.
Yeah, it died.
Does that mean AHGs are in Vic now?

G'day Plimpy,

Your friend probably found a Marbled Gecko (Christinus marmoratus), which look superficially similar to Asian House Geckos.

can you sell AHGs? coz there are heaps of them in and outside of my house

Asian House gecko...i cant beleive how much variations there is with them.Ive caught some so light(hypo) while others were really dark brown..Theres so many around,i cant find any other geckos..View attachment 183216After i moved into my new place i found 2 eggs,didnt know what they were so i incubated and 67days later these tiny geckos emerged..Theres was some1 on one of the reptile sites(4 sale) selling them for $35each,i wrote to him asking if i need a licence,he said no..Then i told him i catch 20-30nearly every night,he ask me where i lived as he wanted to go and catch a heap..

yeh ive only seen the hypos ones at my house lol tones of them

does anyone know what i can you to lure AHG to get out of there hiding spots and come in to the lure so i can sell :)

Hahahah this thread went funny, cant beleive this guy seriously wants to catch ahg's and sell them,

What do you mean lure them out, there everywhere, what every this guy sells them for Ill half the price if any one wants them :p

Hahahah this thread went funny, cant beleive this guy seriously wants to catch ahg's and sell them,

What do you mean lure them out, there everywhere, what every this guy sells them for Ill half the price if any one wants them :p

have a look at his other thread, he wants to start breeding them to sell...

I would be a millionaire in no time with the amount of AHG around here..So something that is a introduce pest,what are the legallities if caught with any..This bloke i spoke to was trying his hardest to find out roughly where i lived,as i told him theres hundreds around here..He emailed 4-5times wondering if i would catch them and ship them to him.It was the biggest laugh ive had all year..

If they were bred, wormed and fed a good diet in captivity, couldnt they be used as a cheap food source for few species of snakes etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back