Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm,hows about land mullets,lol,theres always water dragons,mertons or mitchels water monitors,turtles,i think its a smidge cruel getting a croc,and nicking it off to a zoo or something is wrong when it gets to big for you,just my opinion,they r cool though,lol

A good big and angry fish is the Dovii, or wolf cichlid. U'd eventually need to get it a bigger thank, but the Jack would've needed one as well. Google it, or even look it up on you tube

A 4ft tank would struggle to be of adequate size for any of the aquatic species for very long...

...some of the smaller turtles would work but even a Mitchell's Water Monitor would likely need more space...

...If it MUST be semi aquatic then I could only suggest something along the lines of a water skink - not really what I would use a 4ft tank for though...

...I would sell the filter and use the tank for some small monitors...

If you want something other than reptiles seahorses are pretty cool. I got some in Feb from Western Australia and they are awesome little creatures, so beautiful and mystical.
Kris

convert it to a marine tank and get yourself some lionfish!!

A single Mertens would do ok in that tank for a yr or two.

Thats what I would go for :)

well as my mangrove jack has carked it:(im now left with a tank that originally cost me $1300 and dont know what to do with it. i was thinking of a freshwater croc if its large enough. any suggestions?

$1300 for a 4ft, i got mine for $50, to tired to read thru the hole thread but if your still undecied why dont get a couple of nice grunters or catties.

$1300 for a 4ft, i got mine for $50, to tired to read thru the hole thread but if your still undecied why dont get a couple of nice grunters or catties.
yeah i also got one for about $50 for my lace monitor hatchling. but my actual aquarium i put a lot of bits and pieces into it when i first got it so it has an eheim 2215, a uv sterilizer cabinet hood, fake rock background so it wasnt a cheap setup really lol so im considering converting it to house a hatchling freshwater croc

turtles turtles turtles water dragons water dragons water dragons water dragons bhp bhp bhp bhp bhp bhp
turtles turtles turtles water dragons water dragons water dragons water dragons bhp bhp bhp bhp bhp bhp
turtles turtles turtles water dragons water dragons water dragons water dragons or u no what eva u want...
turtles turtles turtles water dragons water dragons water dragons water dragons or u no what eva u want...

Marine setup with lionfish (venomous awesome looking fish) Would look sweet with the fake background too.

Errr, to convert that tank to a marine capable of housing a predator (not to mention the only lionfish small enough for a four foot fank is a dwarf lionfish) is going to cost him a lot. Bare minimums:

He'd need a decent skimmer - $300-$500 for a decent quality one.
~500watts of heating, preferably titanium heaters - $50-$200
Depending where he lives a chiller, $200-400
Live Rock, $200-$400
powerheads, $200-$400 (for cheap ones)
testkits, $100

That is the bare minimum he'd need to house a lionfish, if he is already a bit iffy about how much he spent then a marine setup is out - unless you want a setup that puts constant pressure on the fish and can't sustain the environment for any real length of time.

The canister wouldn't be used, nitrate factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back