Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely_Mad

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a license soon so i am new to captive bred reptiles apart from a diamond python (this was on a companions). and just need opinions on a good starter, was thinking along the lines of a lizard or frog, as i am getting reptile and amphibian license.
thanks. :?:D

Bearded Dragon, hands down. They're wonderful, hardy creatures. Best of all, they look cool. And they're cheap and easy to maintain.

Can't beat a beardy.

coolio, yeah a beardie would be nice, a friend brang in an injured eastern bluey and i was wondering if there is any way to get it licensed, pretty even tempered. i might have to let it go, theres a fine for keeping wild reptiles, anyway with a beardie would an indoor or outdoor enclosure be best, thanks.
any more suggestions

i started with a beardy 10 years ago. he lived to be 9 and i was devistated when he died. i would highly recommend a beardy to anyone and everyone. they are a awesome little critter to keep. so inquisitive.

i'say beardie to ur in luck i've got some babies ready to go i live not far from woy woy so if you wanna pm me i can help you out

coolies 2 votes for beardies, do they need a large enclosure?
they would suit me pretty good, thanks for posts :D

Nice! If you want 1 beardie get a 3ftx2ftx2ft tank or if your planning on getting 2 bearies go for a 4x2x2....
Also, they need UV lights to survive, also they need calcium suppliments to survive also..

A beardie or a turtle I have both started with a turtle then got into beardies but I love them both

oh goodies the house im looking at moving into has a pond, large enough for a turtle, maybe could get turtles and beardies or ewds in with the turtles,

if i don't have anywhere to fit a tank of that dimensions then i wont get a beardie, i wouldnt keep it in an undersized enclosure, i might put up a shed just for tanks and equipment as the new place has more land than home, not the case where i am atm

beardies are the best!! :)

they need at least a 4x2x2 foot enclosure as adults, 6X2X2 if ur gonna house more than 1.
(housing more than 1 might not work, some dont get along so theres a risk you'll need 2 seperate enclosures)

If you don't have enough room for a enclosure thats 4x2x2 maybe a pygmy bearded dragon is a better choice for you. You wont need a enclosure as big as that for a pygmy bearded dragon

a friend wanted to know if i was interested in southern angle headed dragons, are they a good starter?

i love pygmy beardies, that would be a rlly good substitute, do they breed fairly easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back