Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and what it has got to do with python mating ?????

Relevance to python mating?

You did ask "what is going on?" followed by a statement about non typical weather and matings for this time of year......Perhaps what the others are trying to suggest is that it has something to do with the current weather pattern....... and that would be the relevance to the python mating. :)

Last edited:
I noticed the differences in weather patterns myself and it may or may not be having effect on their behaviour. How is this going to shed a light on anything?

its the el nina not el nino or something like that....apparently we are in the alternate weather cycle.....or something.......apparently its all very explainable......yeh I beleive the weatherologists thought thousands wouldnt !!

I noticed the differences in weather patterns myself and it may or may not be having effect on their behaviour. How is this going to shed a light on anything?

its the el nina not el nino or something like that....apparently we are in the alternate weather cycle.....or something.......apparently its all very explainable......yeh I beleive the weatherologists thought thousands wouldnt !!

I as well as many others could see their point.

I think it's weather related although it is very odd. The Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) is, for those who don't know of it, the point aroung the equator where northern and southern winds meet. This year it's been pushed particularly low, down to NQ, meaning that equatorial heat is forced down towards the Tropic of Capricorn, causing unusual weather patterns associated with heavy rainfall and of course high heat and humidity. I'd say ectotherm breeding patterns aren't as simple as most of us assume.

I as well as many others could see their point.

I can see (decipher) their point too although it's far from any logical explanation. If the weather was cooler (this early), it would be different. The assumption being that day/night temp fluctuations and overall cooling triggers mating resonses.

I think it's weather related although it is very odd. The Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) is, for those who don't know of it, the point aroung the equator where northern and southern winds meet. This year it's been pushed particularly low, down to NQ, meaning that equatorial heat is forced down towards the Tropic of Capricorn, causing unusual weather patterns associated with heavy rainfall and of course high heat and humidity. I'd say ectotherm breeding patterns aren't as simple as most of us assume.

Going off topic here ( sorry waterrat) but probably because of America's HAARP ray. If they keep playing with the weather with it, all animals breeding cycles will be messed up :(

Good luck with the Greens! :)

I think I get what Michael is trying to say.......correlation is not necessarily causation

it is quite strange even some of the late species are going early seen my bredli knoting tails lastnight and the black heads the night b4 and the childrens and the spotteds halfway through march
altho the temps out this way are way down on last year seeing nights down to 9 already thats end of may type stuff haha

What's going on this year? We're still having summer weather, temps 24 - 32 degrees, humidity in the 90%, rainy periods .... and I have 2 pairs mating! This is really weird as in the past 6 years the mating season never started before May / June. :?

my olive has been acting really stange hey . do u think because of this funny weather maybe shes ready to breed . and there never down the basking end of there enclosures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back