What's in a name....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a friend who went to school with a gregory gregory...perhaps they are all related

what i don't understand, is when a baby is born, what is the thought process that is going through the parents head? "wow, what a cutey, he looks like he deserves to have his first name the same as his last name, we shall call him william williams"

or "i'm pretty hungry at the moment, mmm apple...you shall be named apple, because thats my favourite fruit"

Last edited:
i have a friend who went to school with a gregory gregory...perhaps they are all related

what i don't understand, is when a baby is born, what is the thought process that is going through the parents head? "wow, what a cutey, he looks like he deserves to have his first name the same as his last name, we shall call him william williams"

or "i'm pretty hungry at the moment, mmm apple...you shall be named apple, because thats my favourite fruit"

maybe he was Turkish? i had a mate his name was nyazi nyazi, i asked him about it and he said its a turkish thing...still funny :D

maybe he was Turkish? i had a mate his name was nyazi nyazi, i asked him about it and he said its a turkish thing...still funny :D

BIZARRE!....that is really all i have to say to it...i just don't understand why anyone would name their kid with the same first name as their last name...because its easy to remember? just incase they forget the name of their child? what happens if they have more then one?

I used to work for an academic publishing company, and my favourites among the names that cropped up there were Joan Squelch, Wynand Der Koch (we always said it sounded like a recipe for a good night in...), Constant Mews, and a Prof Will Breed, who I believe worked in the field of reproductive research. In Cooktown, according to a friend of mine whose family live there, there is an octogenarian quarry owner who predates the Flintstones with the apt name of Barney Rubble. The local dentist is Dr Herpes, which is apparently an old Dutch name. He insists it's pronounced "Herps", and everyone pronounces it like that, because he's the only dentist within two hours' drive of the town. There is also a woman whose name is Helen Wheels.

there's an ortho in adelaide called "Dr. Graves"

it's just sorta eery since people are already edgy when at the ortho haha

I worked with a guy by the name of Hardik Ramandeep.

a boy in my primary school was called Hardik!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back