Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are named after the first song or singer that I hear when I get them,random but its worked so far.

Hydra; My brother's Coastal (meaning - if I remember correctly, a 2 headed serpent)

Copied from Encyclopedia Britannica (cause I couldn't be bothered doing it myself, lazy tonight...:p):
Hydra, in Greek legend, the offspring of Typhon and Echidna (according to the early Greek poet Hesiod’s Theogeny), a gigantic monster with nine heads (the number varies), the centre one immortal. The monster’s haunt was the marshes of Lerna near Argos. The destruction of Hydra was one of the 12 Labours of Heracles, which he accomplished with the assistance of Iolaus. As one head was cut off, two grew in its place; therefore, Iolaus finally burned out the roots with firebrands as soon as Heracles cut off each head. At last Heracles severed the one immortal head from the body and buried it under a heavy rock.The arrows dipped by Heracles in the poisonous blood or gall inflicted fatal wounds, eventually including his own accidental death at the hands of his wife, Deianira (according to Sophocles’ tragedy Trachinian Women). In modern English, hydra or hydra-headed can describe a difficult or multifarious situation.

Even cooler than just two heads ;)

I still snigger at echidna. Tricky pairing that, even for a Greek god...

Bubbles, cause he was a small bubble;) , Bella, cause all the girls like Twilight, baby girl and baby boy, cause they are...well babies;) these are the jungles. Then we have the two diamond, Licorice and Lollies, cause that's what they look like curled up in a "bag" (pillowcase), and last, we have Finn and Mia, named after good friends:D

i say what shall i call them the wife goes ....... i say no and then it sticks =O so now im stuck with harrison and elijah =P

Great names, im loving them all! Licorice is a cool name, i also like 'bart' the stimson.......thats really cute! Deadpan, i really like your way of coming for with names also!

ok my 1st dog was named Misty (her mum was named fog and dad was gravel) then she had a litter and our m8 got Dusty. So dusty had a litter and we got my 2nd dog and named her Buffy. Both are up in heaven now with Mistys brother Clyde who we had 2. Then I had:
Yogi: My big Bull arab x wolf hound (he was named that)
Mishka: cat (I liked the name and she was mish mash of different colors)
Mea: Cat (loved the name)
Now I have:
Jet: my Bfs dog (Bull arab x bull mastif x lab) as hes all black
Marley: My dog and full bro to jet same litter (Loved the name)
Muss: Cat (was named Wal but changed to Muss (sounds like mmoos) as hes a silly cat!)
And my Stimmi girl who Im thinking of calling Lilly tho Im not sure.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back