What's your age?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your age?

• Under 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 - 15

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • 16 - 20

Votes: 82 22.2%
  • 21 - 25

Votes: 66 17.9%
  • 26 - 30

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 80 21.7%
  • 41 - 60

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Over 60

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleRob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Have noticed a lot of new names recently and am wondering what the general age of members is?

Seems to be a lot of younger people joining, which could be a good thing for the hobby.

Cheers,
JungleRob

If you count me as being young, I'm 18 :) Only herp I have at the moment is a turtle at the moment, but hoping to get a python or two (or more...) when I finish my university degree

As per my profile, I'm 21 years old.
You get a massive influx of new members during the school holidays.
And since this is a weekday, it follows that most people to vote so far are in the 31-40 bracket.
Wait till after 3pm and you get all the kids voting :p

Bringing new faces to the hobby is always a good thing. I'm always trying to get new people to come to the monthly Sydney herp meetings. It helps build understanding, respect, and appreciation towards reptiles.
But with inexperienced forumers, comes inexperienced advice.
You really need the older generation to help us out when our herps are sick.
I'd clearly take an older persons advice over someone who's just gotten into the business.
I reckon it should be mandatory to show your age in the profile window.

And since this is a weekday, it follows that most people to vote so far are in the 31-40 bracket.

Bringing new faces to the hobby is always a good thing. I'm always trying to get new people to come to the monthly Sydney herp meetings. It helps build understanding, respect, and appreciation towards reptiles.
I'd clearly take an older persons advice over someone who's just gotten into the business.

I voted 10-15. Just because you are young doesn't mean you don't know much, some younger people research a specific species ;)

As dave mentioned, it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is experienced; you could get a 70 year old who has just entered the industry by getting a carpet python or something. I know what your getting at though Duke, experience often does come with age, but not all of the time.

i cant believe i'm in the most popular age group,...and i'm such an old fart!!! :p

hey i would love to come along to a meeting when, where, who ,what, how much, how often?

Just because a person is older or has been keeping reptiles for longer does not mean they are more experienced or know what they're talking about!
I know some pretty pathetic keepers of all ages and who have been keeping herps for a variety of years that shouldn't be giving advice when clearly they don't have a good grip on things themselves, and on the other scale know of some fantastic younger people who are constantly learning and are already a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Last edited:
i think its good to see that the hobby is appealing to all age groups etc as it gets people more aware etc of reptiles in general.

i took my age down yonks ago. with all the other younger members making a fool of themselves it was self preservation :p

actually i've forgotten if i ever put it back up, i suppose i'll find out when i post this.

wow theres some people 60 or over that know how to use a computer!
Could teach my grandparents a thing or two

My Poppa is 79 and he can use a computer better than many young ones :lol:, he often helps me out if I have a problem!! haha - I love my Poppa:D
And as you can see im 24 my oh my how the years pass seems like yesterday I was hitting my first teen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back