Wheatbelt Stimmie.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No-two

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Took some photos of this girl today. Progressing nicely.
tn_PygymElchoWB071.jpg

Wow, very nice :D Love the bold markings and the colour!

He is still a very nice critter, Some of ours display this orange marking in thier patterning,
People have a very distinct image of what a wheatbelt stimmie should look like but in reality
they varie quite widely in patten and color with in a very short distance across thier range.

Last edited:
Great looking stimmies. You've got a pretty darn nice collection!

Nice Snake, I see it's still got that orange high lighter mark on it haha

The reason I question this is because the head scalation ( prefrontal cluster ) are not what I have ever seen in Stimsons from the Wheat-belt area, and I have seen quite a few from many areas of the wheat-belt. There is no denying though that they are great looking stimsons though and doesn't mean I am the expert or have seen every variant found in such a huge area.

Please remember, I am not categorically stating that these specimens are not Wheat-belt stock.
I do believe though that if this is indeed the case then they originate from an unknown locality or based on limited observations of consistant scalation differences would think that a Pilbara specimen has been breeding with Wheat-belts. From my understanding ( and I could have this wrong) the Snake Ranch stock originally stemmed from progeny of or originally confiscated illegally held reptiles here in W.A and hense their exact locality is likely unclear.

The reason I question this is because the head scalation ( prefrontal cluster ) are not what I have ever seen in Stimsons from the Wheat-belt area, and I have seen quite a few from many areas of the wheat-belt. There is no denying though that they are great looking stimsons though and doesn't mean I am the expert or have seen every variant found in such a huge area.

Please remember, I am not categorically stating that these specimens are not Wheat-belt stock.
I do believe though that if this is indeed the case then they originate from an unknown locality or based on limited observations of consistant scalation differences would think that a Pilbara specimen has been breeding with Wheat-belts. From my understanding ( and I could have this wrong) the Snake Ranch stock originally stemmed from progeny of or originally confiscated illegally held reptiles here in W.A and hense their exact locality is likely unclear.

Sure looks that way .;)

HOOOOOOTTTT! And that orange on the male is crazy! I'm a maccie girl to start with but i've always loved the WB's *swoon* maybe next season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back