Wheatie PICS ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good Brett, just for interest heres a pic of the parents to sheldon........

Attachments

• male wheat.jpg
    male wheat.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 72
  • male.jpg
    male.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 77
  • female wheat.jpg
    female wheat.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 80
  • female.jpg
    female.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 66
WOW!

CP, now I can see why Sheldon is such a little stud muffin! :) They are absolutely gorgeous!

Smithers, go get Sheldon and show him - be like looking in the mirror! :)

Oh, and we look forward to seeing pics of the new addition (hopeless, damn hopeless! :))

Best,
Carolyn

That's it a pair will do me LL. The girls names already picked with Dr Beverly or Bev for short.

Ah, Bev is doing very nicely! Has he had a shed since the last lot of pics I saw? The colours look a lot sharper, 'tis all...!

And TWO pinkies??? Good grief! Going to be a little cuddle-pot! I suppose, there is a little "catching up" to do...! ;)

Nice work Smithers, stunner for sure! :)

All the best,
Carolyn

One word... WOW! He is looking soooooooo sexy now, you'll have a VERY hard time trying to find a "suitable" lady-friend for him!

Thanks for sharing, and for the update...!

Best,
Carolyn

i think Keiko qualifies!!! but Sheldon now has a giiiiirlfriend

Brett: i lay claim on a female if you breed!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Looking good, can start to see that colour coming through- lovely! Love the
wheaties.

Thanks for the update. Looking good, can start to see that colour coming through- lovely! Love the
wheaties.

Wheaties are the bomb, can't wait to put these two together and try my hand at breeding.

Updated pics :)

The 1st is the same age as the 2nd eats like a horse, was feeding every week for a couple of months, now backed off to once every 10-12 days

View attachment 226459

The 2nd one's last meal was 24th June, still holding weight and colour, but will soon assist if she doesn't snap out of it.

View attachment 226458

so cute =] i love how crisp and clear their colours are. Definitely on the wish list for when im rich and live in a mansion with all my pets... itll happen!

make a nice pairing with keiko thats for sure.... she's eating like a freaking horse....

Well I think she's set the breeding of the pair back a year I'd say now from being a stubborn lil poopahead. Not that that worries me, just wish shed eat, last meal was an issue :/ looked as if a claw had dug into her throat as she went balistic pushing down hard on the bottom of tub aiding in the dislodgement I think.

I have offered the smallest of pinkie rat and although comes and sniffs everything just won't take it. When she did eat it was gently open mouth and slowly take it and then eat.

Here's a question for snake breeders, do snakes have a memory that could associate the bad last feed to not wanting the same food item again?

lol, i've found that dropping it on Keiko is the best way to feed her...she has a nice food reaction if i do that and she manages to eat it head first not bum first.

Their looking great Brett, maybe try mice again for the one that got stressed from the feeding experience.I couldn't say without a doubt that they remember a bad feeding experience,but maybe others have some stories similar and could shed some light ??

BTW Brett you dont really have to back pythons off until about 18 mths old as their growth spurts start too slow down in 'most' cases around this time. I have noticed this in many species myself and many others have commented on this subject to me in the past also.

Cheers
Congo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back