Wheatie PICS ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intersting stuff, my little guy is now just over a year old (26 november) and i have him on adult mice at the moment, as of last week when he shed (i weigh and measure after each shed) he was 85cm using herpmeasure and 165 grams. It was a toss up between adult mice and fuzzy rats last time i bought food, will definately be getting the rats when he runs out.
My girl is 11 months but is less than half his size, but she has doubled in size in the 8 weeks that i've had her, she was still being fed pinkies by the previous owner, last night she smashed 2 weaner mice and was still looking for more, guts!

He sounds like my girl. If I offered Zephyr an all-you-can-eat mice buffet, she wouldn't stop eating until she exploded.

Some of them seem to have a switch and you can't turn it off others it's like the kids on the light switch goes on off on off...

Thanks for the info. Did you do any research into the nutritional value of a fuzzy rat versus the equivalent-sized mouse? I'm a little worried that the rat wouldn't be quite as nutritious.

Well the mice weren't giving a bump in the belly so much any more so I decided rats would do that and started with ones that are slightly bigger than the previous 5 meals of mice no research just been reading forums lots. From memory (geez look out) I thought rats had higher ratio of benefit per item than a mouse.

I have to find my girl a new enclosure too.

Fun times :)

Intersting stuff, my little guy is now just over a year old (26 november) and i have him on adult mice at the moment, as of last week when he shed (i weigh and measure after each shed) he was 85cm using herpmeasure and 165 grams. It was a toss up between adult mice and fuzzy rats last time i bought food, will definately be getting the rats when he runs out.
My girl is 11 months but is less than half his size, but she has doubled in size in the 8 weeks that i've had her, she was still being fed pinkies by the previous owner, last night she smashed 2 weaner mice and was still looking for more, guts!

Funny how some have a switch that turns on and ignites their hunger and you can't stop them and others Meh when ever....I like how they are so a like but so different as an individual. I should do the herpmeasure thang.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but i beat you all!

My 12 month old stimmie is over 80 cm long and i just weighed her and she is an astonishing ​313 grams!!!!!

Sorry guys but i beat you all!

My 12 month old stimmie is over 80 cm long and i just weighed her and she is an astonishing ​313 grams!!!!!

Oh the quotes that come to mind,.... ;) :p and you've pissed one member off with the large text :D

I hoped you'd jump in with you Wheaties Jay yours are good feeders and I know they are horses of things. Pics now buddy :p

hahaha. I did think of that when i typed it, but it was only a small part of my post, not all of it..... is that ok Ramsayi? lol

Mine have been pigs of things. They were gluttonous pigs, i had to slow down their feeding regime as they were just eating too much and i didnt want them to get overweight. I am hoping my new hatchies (fingers crossed the eggs hatch) will be just as good!

I am busy tonight, out for dinner, but if i have time after ill take pics, if not you will have to wait till tomorrow :)

Holy bejesus. My snake is the same length but only half the weight. Your girl must be a fat - uh, sorry - voluptuous snake.

My Wheatbelt is around 2 years old now, but is a bit of a fussy eater.
Doesn't seem to want rats or quail, only mice. I usually give him 2 extra large / jumbo mice.
Although I haven't been persistent and tried scenting, etc too much to see if he'll take rats..

That's a nice looking snake Brett, I really do need to get me a pair of stimmis as well.

Thanks Francis, The Goldens I got off you are 1 in a coupla weeks.

I think so :) a pair of plat mac's would look good at your pad....and then i'll get a pair off you in yrs to come. win win. :D

Holy bejesus. My snake is the same length but only half the weight. Your girl must be a fat - uh, sorry - voluptuous snake.

:p I have a mental picture too darl,....Jay does she have a double chin this heffa your talkin bout :)

Last edited:
Thanks Francis, The Goldens I got off you are 1 in a coupla weeks.

I think so :) a pair of plat mac's would look good at your pad....and then i'll get a pair off you in yrs to come. win win. :D

1 already..... I still remember when they were just as long as thumbs lol.

Your GTs at 4 days old
P1020363.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, these are just crappy phone pics of my 313 gram 12 month old Wheatbelt Stimmie. The thong is a USA size 11

cbd628b6-c7bd-4d63.jpg

cbd628b6-c7cd-cb30.jpg

See...... She is not fat ;)

This fella below shed the other day so updated B'Day suit. He's the good feeder

View attachment 233683

The non feeder she was assist fed a rats tail and it then ate a thawed rat pinkie on own. :) Go figure after refusing so often...eat straight after being force fed twice now. Bizarre these Ants at times.

This fella below shed the other day so updated B'Day suit. He's the good feeder

View attachment 233683

The non feeder she was assist fed a rats tail and it then ate a thawed rat pinkie on own. :) Go figure after refusing so often...eat straight after being force fed twice now. Bizarre these Ants at times.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this snake! :) Have to admit, ants don't really "do" much for me, but THIS one gives me goose-bumps every time I see it! It is, by far, one of the sexiest snakes I have ever seen! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back