Wheatie PICS ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking nice, Brett. How long and heavy is your guy? Hope you get the female eating soon. (If not, I'll have her! :D) When she was eating, was she on mice or rats?

I don't think anything except maybe next winter will suppress Zephyr's appetite - she goes berserk at feeding time and always looks at me like she wants more, no matter how much she's eaten.

Hi Darl,...Update!!!! I was able to stuff a mouse tail in her gob and she swallowed that so lets hope that kick starts a feed response again to feed on her own. Not sure if it's been counter productive = stress v food intake, but time will tell.

Anyone's free to chime in on thoughts ideas feel free to add.

UPDATE!!!!!!!! I tried once again to feed freely but not successful :( so I cut a rats tail in half assist the smaller section in and she swallowed it down, but to my surprise she then sniffed out the fat part of tail on the floor picked it up and ate it herself,....Yay!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Brett
Hope she starts eating again as well as she did for me....hopefully summer will kick that instinct back in but only time will tell.

Thanks Jay and Kurt, It's been pretty stressful on both I think, fingers crossed she continues the right way. She's such a placid and gentle natured snake, when ate always took her food softly comes out of hide to greet when I spot clean or stand near her tub, and bloody gorgeous to boot lol. Glad you finally moved all the hatchie's/juvi's, nearly yearlings Kurt. You paring them up again this year?

my wheat belts are the worst feeders in my whole collection,they will feed a few times then will go off food for no reason,in winter they did not eat at all even though they were heated,but both still hold good body condition so i am not worried,they will just grow nice and slowly.Even though they are pain in the butt feeders they are still the nicest stimmy to own imo.
Will try and post pics of my pair soon
keep the pics rolling everyone

My Wheaties are one of my best feeders. I have an adult pair, approx 3 years and a yearling pair that I've had since hatchlings.

My Wheaties are huge, they are monsters when it comes to food. Seems I am lucky with mine. I also have 3 Tibooburra stimmies and they are the same. The male is about 900 grams.

100_2468.jpgThis is my little female wheatbelt i purchsed recently. Shes such a cutie

Update, non feeder ate a defrosted pinkie freely last night....turned the corner me thinks ;)

That is a beautiful stimi. It doesnt have the typical scale pattern of a wheat belt stimi though. But who cares its a cracker no matter where it came from and far better looking than several of my wild caught wheat belt stimi's.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a beautiful stimi. It doesnt have the typical scale pattern of a wheat belt stimi though. .

Could you show us a pic of the typical scale patterning please Snowman?

Do different locales have different scale formation or is it different on each of the four ssp of Antaresia?

Thanks Snowman.

This is the Male (The good feeder) He's on adult mice and going to rats soon. I PS'd the poopa out of the image but that was all, no highlights or anything else.

View attachment 229454

Beautiful! Have you got any spare off license I can smuggle into WA. ;)

Update, non feeder ate a defrosted pinkie freely last night....turned the corner me thinks ;)

So glad to hear that, Brett.

This is the Male (The good feeder) He's on adult mice and going to rats soon. I PS'd the poopa out of the image but that was all, no highlights or anything else.

He's looking good. How heavy and long is he now? What size rats will you be feeding him? I'm interested because, given the shortage of mice in Cairns, I might have to train Zephyr to accept rats.

Hey Renenet, Sorry for the late reply, At 11months I recon he'd be around 60cm mark weighed the other day at 105gm's. Just took his first fuzzy rat the same day as moving into a 3ft enclosure...he's a champ. Not like the other sookie la la who is a fraction of that at 37gms Born same day

He sounds like my girl. If I offered Zephyr an all-you-can-eat mice buffet, she wouldn't stop eating until she exploded.

Thanks for the info. Did you do any research into the nutritional value of a fuzzy rat versus the equivalent-sized mouse? I'm a little worried that the rat wouldn't be quite as nutritious.

I have to find my girl a new enclosure too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back