Wheeleri Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
View attachment 198996View attachment 198992View attachment 198995
pencil.png

View attachment 198999

Definitely my favorite species of gecko. :D
Are they secretive, like levis? My levis never comes out of his cave.

Cute pics.very cute little guys.how many do you have,are they hard to keep,geckoes?

Geckos are so easy to keep.
Put em in a 2 foot fishtank with a heat mat at one end, 1cm deep sand at the warm end to several cm at the cool end. Spray the cool end once in a while, so they can dig without the sand collapsing.

Serious,it's that easy?why do i not yet have any geckoes?no lights,just natural light coming thru the window?normal playground sand do from a garden centre? or reptile sand?

Serious,it's that easy?why do i not yet have any geckoes?no lights,just natural light coming thru the window?normal playground sand do from a garden centre? or reptile sand?

Any clean sand really. And no heat or UV lights, they spend a lot of their time hiding anyway. I really reccomend you get one, they're so cute and when they do their threat display they just succeed in looking even cuter :lol:

Mine doesnt even come out to eat :?

What time are you feeding? I chuck a few in just after dark.

Cute pics.very cute little guys.how many do you have,are they hard to keep,geckoes?

Thanks Sookie,.....So far I have a breeding pair cooling now. I keep same as Smooth knobtails (N.Levis) but don't mist as much maybe only once a week.

Geckos are so easy to keep.
Put em in a 2 foot fishtank with a heat mat at one end, 1cm deep sand at the warm end to several cm at the cool end. Spray the cool end once in a while, so they can dig without the sand collapsing.

This is true for Levis but these guys don't burrow but sit on top of substrate and flick sand over themsellves, to either blend in oir adjust body temps or both :)

No you don't use light coming through window it may cook your animals,....I used it only for the purpose of pictures.....Bunning play sand is what I use here on these guys and a mix of red desert and play sand for the levis.

We're stuck with amyae and asper... oh how jealous you make me!

Great pics Brett love the shadow play....

Thanks for that,...Yes it was a bit hit and miss the lil buggers woke up faster than I thought and had other ideas where the best spot in the tub was to sit. Trying to get more out of natural lighting,...im still a noob at photography. Lots of deleting goes on ;)

I give him a few before bed, he hasnt eaten in 3 days :? He seems scared of the crickets.

What are your temps Hot/Cold?? How big is the prey item it should fit between the eyes of animal as a rule of thumb I have heard. It is the cooling season coming so maybe his biological clock is taking over and he is slowing up.

we're stuck with amyae and asper... Oh how jealous you make me!

stuck!!

Last edited:
They are coming along VERY nicely my dear! Growing well too, by the look of it... Obviously they think you're the best slave around! :D

Thanks for the updates, very noice! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back