When to replace MVB?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
Is it every 12 months that a lizards Mercury Vapour Bulb should be changed for a new one?

Sorry this is probably annoying that this is off topic but how do you find the MVB bulbs instead of separate heat and UVB globes ? And did you have trouble finding one ! Sorry thanks

Sorry this is probably annoying that this is off topic but how do you find the MVB bulbs instead of separate heat and UVB globes ? And did you have trouble finding one ! Sorry thanks

I use one for my shingleback lizard. I love it as it keeps him toasty warm and cranks out the UV he needs. They can get pretty hot too! 40 degrees is easy to get.
They are pretty easy to get. All my local pet shops sell them, and heaps of on-line shops. Even e-bay have a few.
I dont use one on my beardy, but my dragon is a little minor minor and i like him to have heat at night, so i use a seperate heat and light. But for the bigger lizards, i think they are great :)

I have been using MVB's for years and something pretty damn good would have to be made for me to change my mind.

The type I use is a Mega Ray self ballasted 100w MVB.

I believe the same manufacturer are in the throws of producing a metal halide unit which is supposed to be as good as, if not, better than the MVB.

I am looking at this as my next move.

12 months is generally the norm unless u have a UV meter which can give u an indication of the health of your globe.

What brand is it???

Best off getting a UV metre can really differ between brands, the MVB I get are guaranteed for a year against blowing. Not sure about UV.....

Thankyouuuuu stimilove ! Everything confirmed in one post cheerssssss ! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back