Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping that with time my mate will get used to it but every one to there own i guess

All my snakes and two monitors are in my bedroom, biggest goanna outside in a locked enclosure and croc is in the living room.

good work on getting the croc in the loungeroom, when i was gonna get one i was gonna have to put it in the garage. i want to have one as a main feature in a room.

At the moment I have mine in the dinning area. But once I finish building my new house they will be housed in one of two Snake attriums attached to the house. They will be bricked into the main house so they are only accessable via the house with full glass front for viewing from inside. I am planning on making the attrium the full height of the house with the inside area being approx. 2.4m high, approx. 5 - 6 meters wide and about 3-4meters deep. There will be a dividing plate glass wall and single access door deviding it into two at 3meters wide each. Should be ok? Angelrose, looking at your pic , is your cabinet next to a window?

We have the bigger ones in the lounge and the smaller ones in the guest bedroom/kids room/computer/junk room. I've been thinking of taking them out of there and putting them in a higher traffic area as one Mac seems to be more flighty than when she lived in the loungeroom too and saw us all the time.

A croc in the loungeroom! how cool is that :D I suppose its a baby one? a biggy would be in the way of the telly, and he might pinch your favorit spot on the lounge. lol

Hi im just about to get my first snake hopefully within the week or early next week, and im pretty sure ive got everthing, but im not sure. What exactly has to be in the cage for the snake. for a hatchling water python

wow col u need to come build a house for me lol :wink:

and magsy i have a snake room - its only fair huh :wink:

Blue_Streak said:
does any one here keep theres in an aquarium?

I do! Trouble is it certainly wouldn't hold a heap of water. I went overboard, thought I'd save a few bucks because I already had an old 2X1X1 fishtank - big mistake. Better off using Melamine or the like. I insulated mine, had the glass cut to fit vents, the lids on the top (I'd prefer the front sliding ones) Looks great, but was a cow to build.

enclosure.jpg

I see your in Brisbane anyway BlueStreak, you wouldn't need heat lamps there -your living in one! lol That's why I moved. hee hee The aquarium's probably fine! lol I think, seriously, heat loss is the biggest problem with glass tanks - most people I think would agree. Also, small snakes tend to get a bit spooked if they feel like their "out in the open". Give the little thing plenty of hides. I've got (not shown in the photo) two different sized terracotta pots as well in the enclosure. But 'Tornado' lazes around on the log sunning herself all day, I don't think she's very shy at all. But' at least she has the option. Good Luck, you'll get plenty of good advise on here at any rate. p.s Just joking about the Brisbane thing. You know there's only really two states to be in don't you...Queensland & Pis*ed. LOL

Ok well i like the look of ur, caue apparently i have a couple of weeks till i can get a precious snake :( i didnt know permits take so long, and plus my tank is 6 foot. So i might get one of those malamee ones, or what ever u got in ur pic. it looks good. And with one of those what lights/heating do u need.

Cheers P.s where does that lil pipe lead to in ur cage. oh and umm how big is that cage, or rather the snake, cause thats either a smallish snake or a huge cage.

I used to have enclosures all over the house. The g/f put her foot down about the enclosures in the bed room. Most of them are in the shed now but there are still a few inside. I have a huge custom enclosure in the longue room.Everyone comments on how good it looks but it is a real pain to clean.

The MD is in a display tank in the Family room, She has a hanging cage in the Lounge room. The 2 new Babies are in the Dining room, waiting for their table which will go in the office. The Beardies have cages in the garage, with a blind that is let down at night.
Everything other than that lives outside.
AngelRose, My man of the house was the same when we got the 1st. He said he didn't like them and tells me each time 1 is out, and now watches them happily - and he suggested we get more lol.
Em

Blue_Streak said:
Cheers P.s where does that lil pipe lead to in ur cage. oh and umm how big is that cage, or rather the snake, cause thats either a smallish snake or a huge cage.

The pipe leads nowhere. I put it there because I thought it might be a good place for the snake to hide in or lie on - Nope! She's never used it!
The enclosure is only a 2x1x1ft (600x300x300mm approx).

The snake was only a bubs when I took the photo, she now stretches from one end to the other, and back a bit. Didn't take long! I'm thinking of upsizing already and it's only been 8 months or so. As far as globes, thermos and gear there is a post you may have seen that is presently in the thick of this discussion already.ENCLOSURES. I'd check that out because I'll only be parroting off the same things -good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back