who owns roaming reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herpie boy

Reaction score
i had to laugh the other day when i saw there display, they had a nice looking MD and as soon as saw it i said to the bloke working there that it was a gorgeous murray darling and that i missed mine heaps. he then looked at me strangly and said .....no..... this is a carpert python........wasnt joking either......... i then walked over to a ladie with bearded dragons and i couldnt help but ask if one of them was a eastern x central ...she replied with....... 'this is a bearded dragon'.....thank god i didnt use scientific names. anyway guys just goes to show that you dont have to know a thing about herps to work with them..

it amazing isnt it how many people think they know there reptiles

most pet shops are all the same

unless they have lived with them there hole life and breed them for there own shops. but theres a few pet shops up here in darwin that do probing and the guy that does it doen't like handling snakes, go figure. The girls that are trying to sell you the snakesare trying to tell you all this stuff about it and seem like they know everything but won't go close to them and when you ask to handle them they wont get them out. one chick that works there came to a mates with a lil marry darling hatchy and asked if there was anything she could do to make it stop growing cause she didn't want it to bite her. stupid woman and shes the one that wouldn't go anywhere near the snakes at the store how good is that!! they don't even sell them for what they really are and for twice the amount there normally worth.

It makes you wonder doesn't it. They don't even employ people that are very relaxed and will handle any of them and talk hours on end about them, you know proper herp people they jsut employ people that lie to your face.

sorry.

snake woman jody

does that person that owns roaming reptiles come on here.

i dont know if they are from this site. but they are a company from melbourne who do reptile shows. if they are from this site i just wanna know where do i send my resume too.:lol: :lol: :lol:

nickamon, i have seen pets shops so that so often, ive seen them write on thier cages

small blotch - Stimsons Pythons

WHAT THE?? they have been selling spotteds as stimsons!!
i recently put on hold a pair of spotted pythons (well im still waiting for the photo before i make the final purchase) at the petshop the next town over from me seen as my local petstores dont sell reptiles :( and they said they never handle they snakes or very really do!! now i have found that my other pair of spotteds that i own are the quitiet, calmist snakes i own but the lady told me her sons wont go near them, the female in particular. her sons are full grown men and wont pick up spotteds!!!

nickamon, i have seen pets shops so that so often, ive seen them write on thier cages

small blotch - Stimsons Pythons

WHAT THE?? they have been selling spotteds as stimsons!!

What?! :shock: I guess they think they can get away with it because the Children's group species look so similar. It's disappointing that this is common. :(

hehe... my GF's Ex BF was so pleased he could identify my snake as a speckled python... I quickly corrected him and said, no, it's a lesser speckled pygmy python from the upper volta regions - only noted to have mild venom.

if you KNOW a shop is selling something misleadingly, and you don't contact consumer affairs?
then I consider you just as scumby...

it's people who know, that do nothing about things that really get my goat grrr

this is not your run of the mill pet shop guys , this is a company out in the community educating our children and uniformed on things they know nothing about.......

Roaming Reptiles is not a pet store, they are a display business and actually is based in Geelong.....if you want to know more about them go to their website!!! www.roamingreptiles.com.au It tells you who they are and what they cater to!

no its people v kids for heavens sake I would be happy with a child knowing the difference between a bearded dragon and a skink .... bloody hell mate just because we are herpers doesnt mean that primary schoolers have to be. And by the way there are millions no billions of ADULTS in the world that dont know the difference! get over it and dont put people who are trying that little bit more than most parents do!

herpie boy .
even if it was a central x eastern ...its still a bearded dragon .
and a MD is a "carpet python" ( of sorts )
to the average person going to these shows they dont care about all the rubbish like sub species , etc .

but when a bloke asks is that a murray darling'carpet python' or is that a ''central or eastern '' bearded dragon..... i think they should be at least aware of what sub species it is ,and at least if worst comes to worst what common name it goes under

but when a bloke asks is that a murray darling'carpet python' or is that a ''central or eastern '' bearded dragon..... i think they should be at least aware of what sub species it is ,and at least if worst comes to worst what common name it goes under

Have you ever thought maybe they do , but its just easier to tell people it s a "carpet python " rather than spend all day explaining that its this and that ...... would confuse most people , heck i get confused with half the names people use for their animals .

as for knowing the common names , she said its a bearded dragon , and he said carpet python how much more common do you want :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back