Who should get tax cuts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should get tax cuts?

• Low income earners

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Average income earners

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • High income earners

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Everyone

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually... the tax cuts were meaningless...
all they did was counter inflation.... they were nothing more than an increase that you previously would have gotten till pollies decided it looked better if they did it rather than it happen automatically.

If there is room in the economy for tax cuts they should be evenly spread across all marginal tax rates. It is narrow minded to say, ' tax cuts for low income earners'. You need to encourage hard work and investment or the economy will not grow.

What would happen if you had a 0% tax on income up to say $30,000 pa and then progressively taxed heavily on what some might call the rich, eg 50% tax on income in excess of $200,000 pa? Answer, a false economy where people are forced to structure their income at the low end of the scale to avoid paying high taxes. Where is the encouragement to work harder, invest wisely, take that extra shift etc...?

Economic policy needs to be an educated and strategic one, not some vision developd through rose coloured glasses in some 'Robin Hood - steal from the rich/give to the poor' mindset. Which is being demonstrated at the moment, "I have cut my ministerial staff by 30%", Now you know what his interpretation of an economic conservative is!

This is what we now have for the next three years.

Ok, bring on the blow torch lololol :lol:

I don't believe high income workers should pay a higher percentage in tax. Higher paid workers 'generally' work for their higher income - whether it be dirtier, more stressful, dangerous, more hours etc - why should they pay a higher percentage in tax???

Exactly.
Wont more money, better car and house etc,
Well get off your **** and go and work for it !!!!!
The more you earn it seems the more tax you pay ???
Its the same with goods you buy.
Why is it that the stamp duty on a $60,000 car is alot more than a $10,000 car ???
Same paper work etc, ohh I forgot, the guy with the $60,000 car should be able to afford it as he's got the money to be able to afford the car in the first place - PLEASE !!!!!
It seems that high wage earners are put on this planet to support the ones that simple think life owes them !!!
Ahhhhh feel better now.:D

the premis behind that is that most ex-politicians cannot work after leaving parliment.
in the case of john howard its age, and a LIFE of service.
costello it would be more a case of "shouldn't" for vest intrest
and the ousted stuart mc carther spent 30 years doing nothing (at all ever, countries most useless backbencher) COULDN'T get a job.

granted given the way times have changed, ex politician is no longer a given vested intrest, but thats the original reasoning behind it.

and while the perks are good....
howard would have been making at a MINIMUM 500k a year... enough to have not NEEDED his post work perks, and still lived better than he will.

-and for that 23 years i didnt drive, family didnt drive, and friends/housemates didnt drive.
my point was that just coz you dont use/approve of something doesnt give you the right to demand your taxes dont get used properly.

and rednut... i agree.... but i am trying to stay non-partisan

This is not directed at you forensick

Just cause they can't get work ,doent mean they should be entitled to most of what they get.. Alot of ppl give a life time of servise to what they do and dont get even a small portion of what pollies get.. Pollies will milk it for all it's worth just cause they can while those of us lower in the ladder are berely making it.. And there are plenty of ppl older than john howard that still work very hard, age is no excuse if you're healthy enough to work...

I get 12 percent of my salary paid into my superannuation. That's because my employer pays 10 percent to all employees then increases that amount by 1 percent every 5 years until it maxes out at 15 percent. Pollies get some ridiculous amount like 40 percent (I'm probably wrong, please correct me) as soon as they start. Plus allowances like stationery, entertainment ..... If the the premis behind this is because of an original reasoning (I can't be bothered cutting and pasting your whole statement), then perhaps pollies should change with the times and take up work place agreements or collective agreements based on normal people's working standards/benefits. Sure some politicians could make a darn sight more in private enterprise, but nowadays, many use politics as a stepping stone to procure ridiculously paid jobs. Personally, I couldn't see someone like John Howard as a CEO in a big business. John's salary was $320k but with all his perks (look at the house he lived in), his real income would easily push over $1M a year - and most of this is tax free :shock:

i think its all well and good to say that people should be encouraged to work harder, but from my point of view down here on the lower rungs of the socio-economic ladder, its looking harder and harder for the hardest workers to keep their jobs.
you may hear the success stories of those who worked hard for their money, but you don't hear of those who spend their days greeting people at Big W because they had no decent education, very few people offered help, and they're too old to be considered a worthy investment by an employer.

i personally work very hard, and hope to have a comfortable life one day, but i hope that at that time i can appreciate the reality of the struggle some people go through, and not just relax in my small minded stupor.

as for taxes i don't know enough to comment, but i was told that the tax cuts suggested by liberal to win votes added up to merely $20 a week, which id be happy to lose, so long as i could have some faith in our hospitals and such.

Tax cuts mean interest rates rise. Interest on mortgages rises.People having more money to spend always makes interest rates rise. Giveth with one hand, taketh with the other.

leigh for you it would have been less.
and they were to be phased in.
with Rudds cuts at that level you'd probably get the same anyway.

its BS either way, as its merely inline with general inflation.
so compared to cost of living its not a tax cut, its an equalisation

It's a real bone of contention, considering the rorts, and all the money wasted on politicians, past and present, and the overseas jaunts a previous PM went on, at top dollar prices, but I would happily go without tax cuts if it benefitted the health system, conservation and ecology issues, and government services to the public in general.

It's a real bone of contention, considering the rorts, and all the money wasted on politicians, past and present, and the overseas jaunts a previous PM went on, at top dollar prices, but I would happily go without tax cuts if it benefitted the health system, conservation and ecology issues, and government services to the public in general.

so would most people.....
unfortunately.... the 2% of people living in key marginal seats that determine election results, vote for tax cuts, or anything else that directly gives them dollars.
and until somenoe invents a political system where those people DON'T determine policy.... then it wont happen

how about tax cuts, cutting the excise tax on petrol, that will benefit everyone, with a flow on affect that would be seen in every day life, cheaper transport equals cheaper food ect.

Its funny how little such a large proportion of the population know on economics and running a country..

Your spot on Fester, and Frogboy too.

What I am peeeeed off about is Pauline Hanson got over $200,000 for her pathetic attempt to get back into politics. Thats right, for every vote you get, you get $2.11 or thereabouts..... WHAT!

Anyway, as for tax cuts, they should be left alone. We have had enough of them, people think WOW more money in the pocket to get myself into even MORE debt, fuels the economy and inflation rises outside of the RBA's guidelines, mortgage owner's get hit, again.

One good thing for me, as a person looking to buy a house in the near future, interest rates are going up, house prices coming down! In the meantime, put it into savings and enjoy the higher savings rates. (Or actually invest it but thats another thread).

Until the economy becomes a little more stable, we should stop f ing around with it. Which hopefully Labor will do now that Mr Kevin07 is such an 'Economic conservative' we will see.....

I think tax cuts on pterol would result on increased petrol prices.

why don't we just give up and become a communist state, where a minority control the ins and outs of our working class lives, and everything is owned by a business entity, such as a bank.
then we can have those things considered vulgar censored, those things considered patriotic fostered, and all be happy.

One good thing for me, as a person looking to buy a house in the near future, interest rates are going up, house prices coming down! In the meantime, put it into savings and enjoy the higher savings rates.

yeah while it lasts pugs :D Usually when labor are in mortgage rates go sky high (remember 18% people?) and the interest rates you earn on your money goes down. Check it up for yourself. I'll email you some interesting facts on Australian National Performance Indicators.

Thanks for those mate, should put them on here, there plain scary....

To all you Labor people, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! lol

Low interest rates in australia over the last 11 years had nothing to with the mining boom or global economics!!!

Thanks for those mate, should put them on here, there plain scary....

To all you Labor people, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! lol

geez :shock: dont start me on whats wrong with 'labor people' :rolleyes:
I better be quiet :lol:

yeah put them up if you can load that PDF steve.

I remember when the interest rates were high, also when the houses were a hell of a lot cheaper too.

Rather pay 18% on a $50 000 house then 8% on a $300 000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back