Who should get tax cuts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should get tax cuts?

• Low income earners

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Average income earners

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • High income earners

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Everyone

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That argument is pointless..

The ratio of house prices to wage's is still about the same.

i.e. My parents bought their first house for $35,000.00 in 1983.

My old man was working full time for bugger all, (cant remember exacts). but was under 10k probably.

Now houses have gone up x10 and so have wages. (UNDER LIBERAL). Its all relative, the interest rate's are still screwed at 18%.

I've noticed my wage go up a little bit in the past 4 years, and I've seen house and land jump by over 50%...My wage has certainly not jumped that much to counter it.

That argument is pointless..

i.e. My parents bought their first house for $35,000.00 in 1983.

My old man was working full time for bugger all, (cant remember exacts). but was under 10k probably.

Now houses have gone up x10 and so have wages. (UNDER LIBERAL). Its all relative, the interest rate's are still screwed at 18%.

Don't know where you pulled that one from Pugs, but it stinks:D

As far as i'm concerned housing has never been LESS affordable:evil:

i'm with bump on housing affordability esp in the syndey market, we just upgraded our place in sydney and oh my god that's a lot of money. my mum brought our apartment in the 70s for 32k were expecting to sell it for 500-525, don;t even ask what the new three bedroom townhouse costs.

Dont we in Australia live in a de-regulated economy........meaning even interest rates are deregulated(nothing to do with the government....).
So how has low interest rates got anything to do with John Howard (AKA Liberal mob)...oh thats right.....he let us mine our dirt and gas and coal and sell it over seas..................Nuh. He was just lucky to pop up when he did.
Pity he couldnt have done something worth while and give us better health, education, and working conditions.

As to tax cuts....no one should get tax cuts. I want to see this country fixed up before anybody gets tax cuts. As in the peoples health(mental and physical), education and working conditions...oh and general happiness would be good too!

how about tax cuts, cutting the excise tax on petrol, that will benefit everyone, with a flow on affect that would be seen in every day life, cheaper transport equals cheaper food ect.

Increase fuel tax in the city and cheapen GREEN public transport in the city......or doesnt the global warming issue count?

actually politicans get paid very little....

john howard got $320k a year... alot for most of us granted.... but for most politicians (liberal party especially seeing as they are 80% lawyers and merchant bankers) its a bt of a pay cut.
when costello retires into the private sector like he wants to his salary will triple EASILY

I agree, my brother is a sales executive and hes on $350,000 a year..And he just sells mobile phones..Alot less stress than running a country, without all the crap, and for more money. The politicians do it for the power, not the money..

I agree, my brother is a sales executive and hes on $350,000 a year..And he just sells mobile phones..Alot less stress than running a country, without all the crap, and for more money. The politicians do it for the power, not the money..

Does your brother also get a whole air force squadron, use of the Lodge and Kirribilli house - complete with servants, fully catered meals at any time of day/night, a fleet of cars with a personal drivers, allowances that are many times his salary (all tax free). When do you think the last time a prime minister actually had to pull his wallet out to pay for anything? I would say total package including benefits would make all but the most highly paid CEOs green with envy..

One thing that is probably true is that your brother pays more personal income tax than the prime minister ;)

I know this is a long read ... but interesting

Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone can understand.

Suppose that every day, ten people go out for dinner. The bill for all ten
comes to $100.

I've read this before and its Gold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back