Who's in to Birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know that 1am on a sunday mornign is not really the time to start a new thread but anyway....

I have regularly made reference to the parrot keeping hobby in threads especially with regards to exotics (parrot keepers can have them without a licence) and prices (to compare what will happen to herp morph prices)

Recently I have seen other peopkle post references as well. Adn I ahve received a few PM's hwere people have mentioned keeping parrots that make GTP's look like water dragons.

I am just wondering who is into birds and what you keep.

I still have a great interest in them but I dont keep any because you have to actually feed them. Almost daily for adults and, like, hourly for hatchies. Yuuuckkk!

Pics appreciated.

i liked birds before snakes cause i have always had birds and thougt mum wounld never let me get a snake and atm i have just a few cocketiles cause my Galha that was just starting to talk started getting mean so sold him but in a few month's my mum is going to get a ecelctus and there realli kool !

I love parrots, unfortunately i don't have the space for any at the moment, but i'd love a pair of electus and king parrots one day, sooner rather than later hopefully.

Peter: If I had the spare cash I would love to own a hyacinth macaw, african grey, and/or black cockatoo

eclectus's are amazing especialy the males' there fantastic talkers meant to be the best in the world along side the African Grey and Macaw and king parrots are great when we go up to eildon there are heaps and they come from everywhere to sit with ya (if ya have food )

Interesting that with birds it all about exotics. adds flavour to the "illegaly kept" thread. Where's Sdaji. I'd like some expert input there.

So what about natives. Whats the choice. Palm Cockatoo for me.

Snapped this at a friends place a few months ago.. there were two, but this is the only decent pic i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back