Who's in to Birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't it come too you ofer them food and there the one's that normally come !
and i don't know if there native but i would have a either yellow tailed or red tailed black cookatoo if not a palm cockatoo

Snow, both cockies you mention are native. Most cockies are. really only a few from neghbouring islands that arent.

okies i prob should have cheacked my DSE sheet they sent me when i got my licence (will next time)

In NSW lots of natives dont need a licence. You probably cant trust your sheet. Does it have Cacatua Gallerita (spelling bad) on it? white cockatoo

it dosen't have cockatoo at all i don't know why on that side of thing it onli has Major Mitchelles(pink cockatoo) and i would also have one of them ! i will have to get the schedule and licencing sheet's again!

Cacatua Leadbeaterii or something like that I guess. Maybe the rest are off licence. Or not allowed to be kept.

peterjohnson64 said:
1st preference? GTP or Macaw?

ewwww thats a hard one, can i have BOTH????

i think if i had to choose it would be the gtp...as ive always been paraniod about bird lice..
(im starting to itch now,,heehe)..
but if you get a Macaw...teach it to talk ..and say rude things , now thats just my type of fun....
Tammy

Major Mitchelles are the best and whould be the only bird i'd keep but i might fall for a tawny or a big **** wedgie hey Zo ;)

what about a tocan....i know im fantasy land but you know
pink flamingoes...
hehehe

i used 2 breed zebra finches and king quail, i have a hand reared rainbow lori at the moment butr i wanna get back into breeding quailsl

Hi all,

Did someone say birds??? :)

I have had birds since I was about ten, moved out of home recently and had to get rid of alot, the rest live at a friends house and I visit on weekends. Have started to get more serious about reptile since then and am enjoying the more peaceful lifestyle.

Someone mentioned the work involved hand rearing, while I was at uni I thought I would make some extra cash rearing birds for people, it got to the point that I was spending as much as 8 hours a day feeding babies and an hour feeding the adults. Not much fun!

I will try throw in some pics for those who asked.

I love me birds, I have 2 Plum head parrots, 2 eastern Rossellas both split to black, 2 princess Parrots, 2 redrumps, 4 Turquoise parrots, had and eclectus hen once but she wouldnt stop biting so rehomed her, and several differant finches such as Red faced Parrot finch, cordons, stars, White headed nuns, tri colours, painteds, and the good old Zebras belong to the 8 yr old daughter.
Woiuld love to have a Macaw but an eclectus scared me with her bites let a lone a beak that could take a finger off.

Are your red rumps fast i always had to chase mine they were fast so we gave them away !

Luke, are you sure your name isn't Lisa? One of our solicitors at work raised eckies and morph cockatiels to put herself through uni and also just recently moved out of home. Spooky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back