Who's in to Birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Whos

I like cooked chook with mushrooms :D

cheers pete... yeah its a smallish cage about 1m(H)x1m(L)x50cm(W) or something like that... i've already got a breeding pair of quarrions so dont really need any bubs i've got a white pearled, and a normal pearled... so i'd be after pearled ones anway...
i was thinking about lovebirds.. anyone got any info on them? what are the best kinds to get? peachfaced, masked, fischers and i think there another kind?? also are they umm... tameable?
cheers
Megz

Mite carring disease ridden creatures, go the bird-flu.

We have a pair of zebra finches bought as snake food to tempt a non feeder well over 5 years ago. We let them rear one set of chicks and decided that breeding these guys was not our cup of tea. They are charming companions though. The male sings with such passion and is such a dedicated suitor that they are quite a delight to have around.

I think that the personalilty and song of many of the birds are overlooked when selecting pets. Our humble little native zebra finches have both in spades. I think as "feeder finches" they were about $3 each and that was from a bird place.

to encourage birds around our home we planted a completely native garden with mostly bird attracting plants. We have also installed a couple of bird feeders and a nesting box. As a result woth most of the plants now reaching maturity our garden is always alive with birds of all shapes and sizes. The nesting box is used by galahs but was built to suit resellas. Ironically we saw an eastern rosella in our tall gum tree for the first time yesterday. We get a buzz every time we notice a new species visiting our garden. We a garden like ours keeping caged birds is not something we asprire to but we have thought about it a few times.

That is amazing!!! Imagine a similar reptile list. Chameleons, Retics, Anacondas, Caymans, Green Iguanas, Galapagos Tourtoises, Green Boas etc etc. Bird people are very privileged.

hey, does anyone here know where i can get californian or bobwhite quail or any other american quail.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back