why amateurs shouldnt own scrub pythons: warning to all novice herpers! pics!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's all good experience. Ryan, did you bite the bugger back? I would!

hey smithy are you coming to the gold coast expo cause it would be great to see some of your stuff there.
im putting in a small stall just so i can get involved and be around some of the more experienced keepers and learn some stuff.

this time of year all our snakes are in breeding/being cooled etc so cant take any snakes anywhere. but ill be walking around havin a look :)

pitty that you cant bring anything cause i know you have some awesome animals
well ill definitely see you there, saw you at the scales and tails expo and was gonna say hello but you were busy.
will be a big two days so looking forward to it

So true Kris. The local stings like a b*#@%!!

i would take a scrubbie bite over having another local in my back again....ive still got a sore back from when i had my last Lumbar puncture.

he's lucky it got him on the hand and not the wrist.. I've had an adult jungle smash me on the wrist puncturing and popping several veins.. no pics :D I was too busy trying to keep the blood off the carpet. lucky he let go as soon he bit me. but my wrist was black for a while from the force he hit me with..

thats what happen's when you take your eyes off your snake when your hands smell of rat at feeding time..

My naughty girl Elvira my Jungle just tagged me and she is now almost fully grown (she is almost 2 and almost 6 foot long...i am hoping she will stop growing soon)...if she had meant it I would have known but she knew her mistake as soon as she did it and stopped I think she got as bigger fright as I did as i think she thought i was giving her a rat......and my hand...the blood....and he only grazed me..needless to say my idea of getting her out has turned into defrosting a rat for her lol

So Colin i am sitting here only imagining the bruising.....it must have hurt like hell

She honestly hasnt bitten me in months and months.......but it just goes to show sometimes they can make mistakes..... and i need to make sure every time i give lots of warning so she knows what i mean...rather than just reaching in to grab her lol

Just a quick note for Ryan in light of the recent bite talk at the AHs meeting - scrubbies have gram negative bacteria in their mouths and these do not respond to the same antibiotics as gram positive bacteria that doctors are used to dealing with from dog, cat and human bites. If you get an infection, it is important to let the doctor know about this fact! They might contact the Australian Reptile Park for more info, or perhaps Gosford Hospital, although less likely to get the right person there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back