why don't we feed black crickets?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are you serious???
i always thought you couldnt feed lizards bugs from outside.....there everywhere at my house.......moths,crix,spiders and even sometimes roaches isnt there a problem because there not natives and thats not what they eat in the wild?

are you serious???
i always thought you couldnt feed lizards bugs from outside.....there everywhere at my house.......moths,crix,spiders and even sometimes roaches isnt there a problem because there not natives and thats not what they eat in the wild?

If they are in your back-yard then they will be eaten in the wild native or not, most of the commercially bred insects aren't native. Your lizard can't tell the difference just make sure no one is using insectides in your area and it will be fine.

re why

You can feed the those filthy big cockys off,when i find one i give it some interagation,slap it around a few times to get it to sing,pull a few legs of and give it a bulldog brower against the cage and the lizard finishs it off.Look at this one,give cheek nowya mongrel.

Last edited:
i have tried breeding the black crickets but it wasnt worth it cause i couldnt go outside without steping on one... does anyone know where to get locust and where they are located. also if anyone one wants mega quantities of snails for blueys in the s/e melbourne area. pm me and ill give you some.

At the right time of year there are heaps of them on grass fields. My lizards love them

i have read about black crickets that they have less babies?(i dont know what young crickets are called, spawn?) than the brown so that is why they are not commercialy bred. if i ever find them or pretty much any other bug, i feed it off. cept those crunchy black centerpede things i used to feed them to a skink i had years ago an it got sick an died. and once i was bush walking at the back of arthurs seat nat park and there was a near dried up waterfall with millions of these dead rotting centerpedes, so i figured they arent getting eaten in the wild either. so that and my dead skink, i dont feed them to anything

Yea I think i read somwhere that they dont breed black crix becaus they have fewer offspring, and not as many litters. Plus they take longer to reach maturity. Other than pesticides being used in ur area i cant see any reasons why you shouldnt feed wild stuff to ur lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back