Wild reptiles and education within Australian schools, is it adequate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot about that :shock: I can almost see it now, all these people getting issued with a couple of bricks (or drawers) joined with a piece of chain.... like nun=chucks.... specially designed for snake protection whilst bush walking :lol:

All these school kids wirling these brick nun chucks... all standing in a line.... thier little wrists going round and round... and jump......

doin' it 'gang-brick style' :lol: Psy-cotic man!;)

Is that not natural selection?

In a loose manner of speaking yes, but natural selection in the wild ultimately ends with the premature death of certain animals. Where humans are concerned the individuals who cannot be bothered to get up in the morning or raise their children properly are supported by the state and so have little incentive to change their behaviours. This pattern of behaviour is passed on in some instances from generation to generation. This is why schools and good teachers are so important.

Endeavour

In a loose manner of speaking yes, but natural selection in the wild ultimately ends with the premature death of certain animals. Where humans are concerned the individuals who cannot be bothered to get up in the morning or raise their children properly are supported by the state and so have little incentive to change their behaviours. This pattern of behaviour is passed on in some instances from generation to generation. This is why schools and good teachers are so important.

Endeavour

I agree, schools and teachers are important. This is something kids should be aware of prior to getting to school.

I agree, schools and teachers are important. This is something kids should be aware of prior to getting to school.

True, but the kids shouldnt learn first up in school, how to get in touch with DOCS if they dont get thier way or if the parents growl at them too loud:rolleyes:..... nothing wrong with a swift kick up the butt to get them to tow the line imo. These days you cant send a kid to its room... that is false inprisonment and deprivation of liberty. You cant ban them from using a computer (ground them) or take thier phone for a week or something as punishment for something, you will prolly get done for theft :rolleyes: If you slap them or restrain them from running away or whatever... that is assault! If they run from you and get hit by a bus in the process.... you are a bad parent for not controlling your kid :rolleyes:

These days poor teachers just have to ride out bullying uncooperative students who can stand over teachers and accuse them of anything to create trouble if they so desire :rolleyes: I am very suprised anyone wants to be a teacher these days.... good on them for fighting the good fight..... I wouldnt want to be a teacher (or a parent of young kids/teens) these days:shock: It would be a nightmare I reckon ;)

Really interesting read, thanks to all who contributed.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back