will an Eastern Coastal Carpet breed with a Childrens python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
was just thinkin it would be a nice lookin snake. is it possible

it would be cool if it worked like that but no

I wouldn't doubt it.. If you can cross a Woma and a Carpet or a Burmese and a Ball python....

I found these comment in an old research paper
A few years ago the Royal Melbourne Zoo produced hybrid pythons from a Liasis amethystinus kinghorni female and a Morelia s. variegata male. The young hybrids are still alive.
In 1974 the Royal Melbourne Zoo produced hybrid pythons from a Liasis fuscus (female) and a Morelia spilotes variegata (male). Some of the hybrid young (now adult) are still alive.
WORRELL, E. Classification of Australian Boidae. Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of N.S.W. pp 20-25.

some interesting cross there

Does that mean there is a potential for an Olive X Scrub? Now imagine how big that would be.

There's a couple of guys supposedly trying to hybridise White Lip Pythons and Diamond Jungles here in the UK at the moment, not my cup of tea at all but at the end of the day it's their animals and they can breed them with whatever they choose whether I like it or not.

I wouldn't bother doing any hybrids myself. But it is interesting to know what hybrids there are and what traits they have

how do they do it tho?

i mean do the snakes just decide they will breed with other species if they are horny enough?

We have a tiger retic and an albino burmese that are getting very interested in each other
So far we are keeping them separated
But on display they are very happy to coil round each other

how do they do it tho?

i mean do the snakes just decide they will breed with other species if they are horny enough?

Theyed have to stimilate the breeding conditions for each individual species, which if they were very different would require strict temperature cycling etc would take a bit off effort.
But then again the males of most species will jump anything if horny enough.....the things ive seen on the net have scared me for life..

Theyed have to stimilate the breeding conditions for each individual species, which if they were very different would require strict temperature cycling etc would take a bit off effort.
But then again the males of most species will jump anything if horny enough.....the things ive seen on the net have scared me for life..
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA those poor females.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back