Wires regurge!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the powder ..you can buy it in a squirt puffer bottle so easy to administer,couple of squirts to cover the area once a day ....or at the vets recomendation and its not really to stressful on him either ..make sure his water bowl is only big enough to drink out of not bathe in ..keep it dry ....see how you go ...

I feel like this is a prime example of "Keep it simple, stupid!" None of us ever thought to try a Betadine type spray on powder.

I feel like this is a prime example of "Keep it simple, stupid!" None of us ever thought to try a Betadine type spray on powder.
this is an anti biotic so it works better then Betadine ...sometimes especially with open wounds it is far better to treat it with a dry then wet ..as it heals alot quicker ...but you were not to know ,and as you had said you'd taken him to a vet ,I didnt bother to say earlier ...but after seeing the last pics thought I would throw that in ;) ...dont beat yourself up now its all a learning curve ...dont give up yet :D

I'm glad your here Mizz Bite! :)

Thanks for the link to the antibiotic, it's all good really because now we will know for next time and hopfully this learning experience won't be at this little guys expense!!

Another positive thing that I've learn't is that Brown's aren't the big, bad, boy in town that most people think they are and I'm considering keeping a few when I next upgrade.

I'm glad your here Mizz Bite! :)

Thanks for the link to the antibiotic, it's all good really because now we will know for next time and hopfully this learning experience won't be at this little guys expense!!

Another positive thing that I've learn't is that Brown's aren't the big, bad, boy in town that most people think they are and I'm considering keeping a few when I next upgrade.
HA HA dont get to relaxed with the ole brownie ....you may have just a laid back one ;)

when does he go to the vet next?

Dont knock him he has a good chance of releasing an animal that will kill far more herps than the single life he may save (maybe even a human) ;)

I'm not knocking it for a second cris. I trained on wild snakes, i suppose you could call it a necesary evil to train competent handlers.

I'm not knocking it for a second cris. I trained on wild snakes, i suppose you could call it a necesary evil to train competent handlers.
I had a wind up one that went round and round in circles and had little wheels underneath :lol::lol::lol::lol:....

I agree Gordo ...it is a needed thing and hopefully when released all was good ;)

Hi All,

Final update on "snakey".

A few pics from his successful rehab/ release today, following a vet check, of course. Although the Baytril obviously helped, I reckon he basically healed himself once left alone for a few days.
Thanks everyone for your help and advice, it's been a good learning experience and I now know how I'll handle it next time around.

Cheers,

I.V.

GREAT STUFF ...well done mate ...be proud of your doing as most would have given it a death sentence ...:)

Thanks RBB,

It's a great feeling! A quick puff with some "Pink eye Powder", a few days rehab in a clean environment and a quick release looks like the course of action for these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back