Woma feeding success!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0012.jpg

Here is the male - Israel - he was calm tonight so I took a photo of him.
I wouldn't disturb the others as they were too stroppy at this time and wanted to be left alone, I nearly got bitten by my big female, she was fed yesterday morning and wanted her space ;)

Last edited:
I am glad you got the male feeding but your posts frustrate the hell out of me. You have all this trouble getting already established feeders eating then carry on like you are an expert on the species. If you couldn't get these ones to eat, how are you going to get a clutch of hatchies to feed. That snake is so beautiful and all I can say is I wish it was mine along with the still not eating female, that I am sure is equally as beautiful. And Dicky, if you have more of these anytime soon please keep me in mind.

Never the less mate that male looks to be a cracker

Is it just the camera angle or is that one very healthy looking woma?
How long did it go without a feed?

Is it just the camera angle or is that one very healthy looking woma?How long did it go without a feed?
2 and 1/2 months. Snakes can go a considerable time without feeding, in some cases up to 2 years.I note that people are still having a go at me like I'm an idiot. All I made was a simple mistake of not insulating my rack system in the mistaken belief that the temps would be taken care of because it's a rack system and was supposed to be built to deal with loss of heat transfer, temp stability, etc, but I was proven wrong on that, so I had to make some changes by insulating it on the sides and back, which helped keep the temp gradient more stable. You guys need to take a breath and relax. No need to get frustrated, I'm not the smartest kid on the block, but I'm not that stupid either. I was simply unaware of how the rack system could lose temp stability at the cool end and kept assuming it was something other than temps, but now I know better so won't be making the same mistakes again. If in future a snake stops eating the first thing I will look at is temps - and if they stop eating in the cooler months (ie, late April, May) then I will stop feeding them until the weather begins to warm up again.

Yes i regret letting that one go

I can assure you that if I breed any in the future that look as good as or better than this one you will be the first consideration!

The only question is when I intend to breed them. I may decide to postpone until next year depending on how well they feed (which should be very well since I've fixed the main source of my recent problems which were temps).

Last edited:
Making a simple mistake and asking for advice is very different to making a simple mistake and insulting the sellers, having big rants and whatnot... Holding off on breeding for a long while is wise, I think. Who knows what'll come up here when you can't get the hatchlings to feed!

That is one of yours girdheinz, well my comment to Dicky redirected, haha

I got them of Gird as hatchlings , sold them on at 6 months ... I think that was explained some where in one of the 20 odd insane rambling threads on these poor snakes ;) lol

Im glad u got your boy eating again, & im also glad to see you have decided not to try breeding this year......that would be a big mistake imo, getting them eating regularly again first is your best choice yet. All the best with the female, i hope she gets going again for you real soon.

That's the funniest thing I have read in ages ...

Why is it funny? These womas come from his line, so it would only be fair to sell some of the best looking offspring to the original breeders to help propagate these in captivity. That is the whole idea of captive breeding. Since he bred these, I thought it would only be fair to offer him the pick of the clutch.

It will definitely be a couple of years before I breed any though, so it won't happen soon, but I do apologise for insulting him, and as always I regret ranting about these womas as "dud" snakes back in December because that wasn't true. They are certainly not dud, it was my husbandry that wasn't up to scratch. But that has since been fixed. These womas come from very good lines.

Hopefully there will be no more dramas, and if there are I will know better so should be better equipped to deal with anything as it happens. Sometimes snakes occasionally go off food, and looking back it doesn't appear to be a major problem if they do, provided that they are well kept of course.

It's funny on so many levels ....

Any way , sorry to stir the pot , keep at it , get them feeding and good luck.

Why is it funny? These womas come from his line, so it would only be fair to sell some of the best looking offspring to the original breeders to help propagate these in captivity. That is the whole idea of captive breeding. Since he bred these, I thought it would only be fair to offer him the pick of the clutch.

It will definitely be a couple of years before I breed any though, so it won't happen soon, but I do apologise for insulting him, and as always I regret ranting about these womas as "dud" snakes back in December because that wasn't true. They are certainly not dud, it was my husbandry that wasn't up to scratch. But that has since been fixed. These womas come from very good lines.

Hopefully there will be no more dramas, and if there are I will know better so should be better equipped to deal with anything as it happens. Sometimes snakes occasionally go off food, and looking back it doesn't appear to be a major problem if they do, provided that they are well kept of course.

Little off topic, but I'll add to the previous man-love and thank Ramsayi for continuing to offer assistance. Considering how you were talked to in the other threads you've shown nothing but class in ignoring the BS and keeping the animals best interests in mind. Probably a good lesson for me and others who opted out of the car crash waay back..good work mate.

Thats great news Ben. I am also very happy to see that you had the balls to apologise to dickyknee, but am thinking that maybe you should apologise to Girdheins (i know the spelling is wrong but one half of my keyboard has stopped working, lols! sorry Gird).

All the best with the female now that you have your rack working properly!

Sarah

He might blame the breeder again selling him a python with not eating sperm BAAAHLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back