Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, BHPs don't have entirely black bodies. He's talking about crossing the completely black woma with a BHP in hopes of creating an entirely black snake (black body from the woma, black head from the BHP).
My apologies I'm hung over and out of it from New Years.

Agreed with Sharkyy, I prefer the pure animals or natural intergrades (Northern Diamonds, etc).
I am not a fan of Woma's, their temperamental issues and the look of them annoy me (MHO). I love my BHP and I much prefer the natural BHP's (Hate the albino and gold heads though)

lol i reckon it would kinda look like that BHP on snakebytes with the goldish/orangish head

Well the secrets out, I have been over several years working very hard on Aspidites morphs and have finally got to the end of the project. I have been trying hard to produce a BHP without the black head on it and to produce a Woma with a black head. Now that I have been successful I would imagine that I could command really good dollars from these lines. What do you think of the results folks as I am currently taking orders for these special reptiles? Here is the Woma With the black head and black banding.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the BHP with the gold head

Attachments

• Woma with Black head.jpg
    Woma with Black head.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Black head with yellow head.jpg
    Black head with yellow head.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Agreed with Sharkyy, I prefer the pure animals or natural intergrades (Northern Diamonds, etc).
I am not a fan of Woma's, their temperamental issues and the look of them annoy me (MHO). I love my BHP and I much prefer the natural BHP's (Hate the albino and gold heads though)

Womas aren't everyone's cup of tea, but temperamental issues?? I don't follow.

As for crossing bhp with womas, I can only think of it producing medium sized pythons with partially black heads. Bhp and womas have similar patterns so I can't imagine that it would be worth it.

True intergrades are "pure" but due to us putting the equivalent of breed standards on morelia they don't fit into the neat species boxes we have created. Therefore are labelled intergrades. Hybrids are crosses. So a intergrade between diamonds and coastal locales is different to a hybrid that came from a coastal x diamond breeding.

PilbraPythons, it is interesting that you have achieved it but personally not something I would pay big $$$ for. I like our pure lines of Australian snakes and would rather pay for something like this wild specimen that my dad came across in Nth Qld. To me (and this is JUST personal opinion not judgement) what you have bred is the beginings of the slope the USA has already slipped down, although I do understand other people's interest in such an animal.

P1010113.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010115.jpg

Well the secrets out, I have been over several years working very hard on Aspidites morphs and have finally got to the end of the project. I have been trying hard to produce a BHP without the black head on it and to produce a Woma with a black head. Now that I have been successful I would imagine that I could command really good dollars from these lines. What do you think of the results folks as I am currently taking orders for these special reptiles? Here is the Woma With the black head and black banding.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the BHP with the gold head

is that for real? its just that it looks like you have a woma and a blackhead?
lol my bad

Last edited:
Gruni
If you haven't worked it out, I am very being sarcastic. Personally I believe too many people have lost the plot. Who would really want a Woma thats looks like a BHP or a BHP that looks like a Woma? If someone has a white snake sure as hell someone will try to turn it into a black snake.
They may as well not even care what species it is as long as it looks different.

Mate my sarcasm meter on here has been haywire for a while. People who I thought must be being sarcasitc were actually as deadly as elapids. :lol:

To be honest I was worried that I'd cop an ear full for any other reply than what I gave, just in case you were serious. :oops:

I don't really understand why people want to make jags or crossbreeds at all. Colour morphs are enough and even then like the wild specimen shows you can get some very uncommon looking variations that grab me even more than ones deliberately bred to a colour.

I have only previously posted this pic on my own forum but since you appreciate natural morphs, here is my lastest find you deserve to view here.

Attachments

• New Bumblebbee BHP.jpg
    New Bumblebbee BHP.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 168
Wow, I have never seen one that yellow before. Nice one... or did you photoshop the colour???? :p

(getting off topic a bit here) but buzz would be the perfect name for him haha :p

Womas aren't everyone's cup of tea, but temperamental issues?? I don't follow.

What temperamental issues? that they like food?

Temperamental Issues - There is many threads on here with people getting bitten by Woma's, I know people in the industry that have woma's with really bad attitude, they either strike the glass, give people a good feeding response bite or they are not so good with being handled.
In saying that I have met some "puppy dogs" as well.

Also I have a BHP with the same feeding response as a Woma, so no it is not just food, most animals like their food.

R4M is there ANYTHING you don't want to buy???? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back