Womas change of attitude

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paintedpythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The pair of Womas I got at the being of the year have been doing well , I put them together for breeding this season 3 days in 3 days out . They have always been very easy to handle always wanting to come out when I was around with no issues of holding ... I took him out on a permanent basis and put him back in his enclosure and when I went to feed him he took a go at me , even striking at the glass . I thought it may of just been a mood thing but now on a regular basis he is having a go at me . No issues of eating as he's straight on his food but I am concerned about his change of temprement . Don't think I would like to get tagged by him . Would increasing his food settle him down ? Feeding him 1 large rat per week ... Temp on his tile 32 ...

Womas are known for this - they can be pussycats for years then become psychos overnight. Some I have known need to have their glass covered most of the time because of this behaviour. It may change again at some time in the future, but it's not food related.

Jamie

Womas are known for this - they can be pussycats for years then become psychos overnight. Some I have known need to have their glass covered most of the time because of this behaviour. It may change again at some time in the future, but it's not food related.

Jamie
I have heard of this with BHP's as well.

Some of my antaresia have become more nervous/agressive when opening their tubs. In fairness I haven't handled them in months. They will come good mate just keep feeding them, many of them become placed when out of the cage. However if I put them down on the floor and let them slither around they get nervous when I go to pick them up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back