Work? Jobs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WombleHerp

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok... i am desperate here posting this on a reptile forum haha...

If you know of any jobs that need somebody for 3 days a week, Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday, PLEASE let me know, as i really need work at the moment.

I am unwilling to work for macdonalds or the like, as i have promised myself i wont go into those kinds of jobs.

Maybe coffee? im not sure.

All i know is, if ANYONE knows of any jobs that need someone for those 3 days, please post on this thread or PM me..
preferrably pet shops or places like this, also i am willing to learn! I am also open to any ideas that anyone has regarding getting work.
oh, and im on the Gold Coast.

Thanks in advance

Nat ;) x

Go to macdonalds! Why rule those places of work out? I have done some pretty 'crappy' jobs when I have needed to. Mcdonalds and telesales included. If you are needing of the money why rule them out?

yeah...........go to maccas and show all the ten year old idiots how to assemble burgers.............its not rocket science ....its just shapes that go together.
how hard is it to put a square piece of cheese on a round bun.....then put a square piece of fish on that ........ then a good size dollop of Macmayonaise or Macbloodytartare sauce or whatever it is on the fish ........and then put the other half of the bun on top of that......no wonder they only get paid about $4.95 per hour - overpaid if u ask me.

have you seen the people that work at mcdonalds... have you seen thier skin condition? that food makes me sick and i would definately not be comfortable making it, or rather reheating artificial colours and preservatives...

fast food places are also full of stress, and air head managers that work there so they have a sense of control over others.. AND the pay rate is crap..
The thing i need the least right now is stress, im studying tafe, volunteering twice a week with wildlife, and have been doing so for 3 years now.. this is going to give me a career eventually.

so thats why not fast food places :p

I worked at KFC when i was 14-19 and i loved it, no skin conditions..no stupid bosses..no stress. Mcdonalds might be different but i quite enjoyed kfc..mmm hot n spicy chicken.

You could always try coles or woolworths.. but i spose you wont work there either ? :roll:

Money is money!
and its always more easy to get another job if you ALREADY have a job .... so even if it is some sick little Mcdonalds ..... its not like thats the end of your life .... get a job even if its just temp while your looking for one.

What is wrong with all you people replying on this thread?
Herpsrule,Just sit back and wait for all the job offers to start rolling in then sort through them and pick the best one out of the lot.Too easy!

I worked at KFC when i was 14-19 and i loved it, no skin conditions..no stupid bosses..no stress. Mcdonalds might be different but i quite enjoyed kfc..mmm hot n spicy chicken.

You could always try coles or woolworths.. but i spose you wont work there either ? :roll:

when you were 14 to 19.. im 19 and my career im working on will be 1-2-3 years away at the least... i dont exactly want to be stuck in a fast food place while im 20..21..22.... no thanks..
and woolies and kmart those kinds of places, i am applying for.. i work at bunnings on the register at the moment.. but they are cutting back staff like everywhere else so im going to try for somewhere a little more 'stable' fast food places dont seem at all stable

Fast food places are not gonna be caving under the credit crunch.... People will always have spare changer for a quick meal.

If you were that desp for money you wouldn't be ruling out fast food joints because of their reputation.

My list of jobs includes. Mcdonalds, telesales, frontline fundraising, factory packing, supermarket work. You do what youhave to do.

Ithen went travelling for 5 years. All with my own money. No loans, no borrowing off parents. If u want or need money bad enough then you'll do jobs that aren't looked upon so favourably. Beggars can't be choosers my parents always said.

The word 'precious' comes to mind.

Can I have a chicken deluxe burger meal please (seared) upsized to large and a chocolate shake instead of the coke thanks :D

if you want work on the gold coast just hit surfers and work the clubs. the days you want to work are the days most people in hospitality crave to get off.

What is wrong with all you people replying on this thread?
Herpsrule,Just sit back and wait for all the job offers to start rolling in then sort through them and pick the best one out of the lot.Too easy!

QFT

A 19yr old TAFE student with limited working availability:
Step one: Ignore multiple employment oppurtunities
Step two: ???
Step three: Profit!

ok ok ok ignore all previous comments, i did not mean for it to come across this way... really im not all that fussed with ending up woking in these places, because yeah i agree, money is money. however what i was trying to say is that i would prefer other things available before i actually have to consider working there. am i coming across alright?

I'll be on your side Nat ;)

I too am currently unemployed. I worked for 4 years at McDonalds, getting to the position of shift manager. Although I have all the qualifications to return to my old position, I wont do it. If you are over 18, and don't want to end up as CEO, McDonald's is not the place to work. In reality, they don't want you there unless you want to climb their ladder. It is not the great 'filler' job everyone makes it out to be.

Adam

... have you seen thier skin condition?

You can rule out coal mining then I guess. And extended run fishing boats, bricklaying, and bee keeping. Oh, and don't be tempted to do those medical-experiments-for-cash thingys either! My mate did that in Ireland to fund his trip back home, and his skin looked pants.... but thats another story.
Hope that is of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back