Work? Jobs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your Responsible Servcie of Alcohol certificate (or Qld Equivalent) and get into bar work - people always drink, you make decent money (plus tips depending on where you are) it won't cut into TAFE time and you won't have the opportunity to go out and spend your money so you will save heaps!!!

Everyone i know from high school that refused to work in places like maccas are now all 25, unemployed. no experience, and living with their parents.
You've gotta start somewhere, and it gives you a start for a resume that will get you into somewhere better.
Work at a fast food joint for 6 months, get a good reference and then move up to a restaurant.
you've got:
customer service experience,
cash handling skills,
basic kitchen experience,
cleaning experience,
ability to work with a team.
and the list goes on.
all from just taking some cheeseburger orders.

And future employers can see ur not afraid of hard work.

Being a girl too they will most likely put you out the front instead of on the grill. I got put out the front cos I'm pretty lol so I never got bad skin!

Everyone i know from high school that refused to work in places like maccas are now all 25, unemployed. no experience, and living with their parents.

i refused to work at maccas, and i retained all the experience i needed thru a stint a woolies (which isnt THAT bad, and they are ALWAYS hiring), working as a recepetionist and was a floor manager at Kailis Bros. Maccas isnt the only starting point, try some small cafes, or like someone else suggested, hit the clubs! i did promo work for some clubs and it was awesome! excellent money too... and fun

hehe i wasnt taking a stab at anyone, Stretch.
good on ya for getting some exp. while you were young.
i was just saying that when you have no experience you've gotta take what you can, especially these days.
and even jobs cooking seedy grease burgers is better than nothing.

i refused to work at maccas, and i retained all the experience i needed thru a stint a woolies (which isnt THAT bad, and they are ALWAYS hiring), working as a recepetionist and was a floor manager at Kailis Bros. Maccas isnt the only starting point, try some small cafes, or like someone else suggested, hit the clubs! i did promo work for some clubs and it was awesome! excellent money too... and fun
Kailis bros a.My brother worker for the Peritnos in Gero;)

And to everyone who has no imagination and keeps repeating the 'Maccas' suggestion - she's 19 for god's sake! I had my first job at Maccas when I was 15, but to start working there when you have finished school and are in tertiary education??!! That would worry me more as a potential employer...

hehe i wasnt taking a stab at anyone, Stretch.
good on ya for getting some exp. while you were young.
i was just saying that when you have no experience you've gotta take what you can, especially these days.
and even jobs cooking seedy grease burgers is better than nothing.

yes i spose your right, i forget that we are in crap times atm. im a mum now so i dont have to worry about finding a job again just yet. i havent worked for ages tho so when i do start looking i mght end up at maccas haha:lol:

.. Hell Id go back to my job cleaning the weeds in the gardens at my dads factory.. it was 20 bucks i didnt have... That for doing some crappy job,, anyday.. all i wouldve been doing was sitting on my ace at home doing nothing..

I worked in some crap places when i was younger just to get money, sometimes you just have to.
I did alot of promotion work aswell and its not all great like some say it is, so id stay away from that stuff.
I am now doing my dream career (vet nursing) but in saying that i have always said that i wouldnt have the skills with people, experience, and work ethic if i hadnt worked in those 'crappy jobs'.
Cheers and i hope you find what your looking for.
Danielle.

i was lucky enough to never have to work at places like McDonalds and KFC. i did work at goosehorn tho, so that may count............if you live in yeppoon then you will know what i mean

have you seen the people that work at mcdonalds... have you seen thier skin condition?

my Brother in-law managed a maccas for about three years, got him a 'super cheap' managers job (& home & car loan) then lead him into the sparky trade...not bad for a kid who diddnt finish year 11!

And to everyone who has no imagination and keeps repeating the 'Maccas' suggestion - she's 19 for god's sake! I had my first job at Maccas when I was 15, but to start working there when you have finished school and are in tertiary education??!! That would worry me more as a potential employer...

thankyou thankyou thankyou! at least some people on here understand that if need be, at the LAST resort i will go to macdonalds or places like this...

I have customer experience, money experience, sales experience, animal experience, and all that already, ive ALREADY started lol

i did sales work at a surf shop for a year, untill that just started to crash and i had to leave.. that gave me a plethora of experience, and it was my first job.

then i went to bunnings warehouse. and have been a cashier for about 3 years there now, thats given me experience with customers, cash, sales, returns etc etc etc..

PLUS i have done work experience in a few places aswell as my volunteer WORK that i have been doing for over 3 years... Just not getting paid for it yet as i am still STUDYING...

I left school over 3 years ago.

so its not like im only starting out, im basically just trying to change. I am not 15.

thankyou for all comments so far, they are all appreciated (even those which seem a little, 'off' so to speak)

Nat ;) x

Bottleshop, good cash, hrs are decent if you can find a good shop and most will send you of to do your RSA after a month or so with them. Take a few resumes in to some random places and ask around :p

You could go to university and study...

Think of the jobs and prospects:

The graduate with a science degree asks: "Why does it work?" The graduate with an engineering degree
asks: "How does it work?" The graduate with an accounting degree asks: "How much does it cost?" The
graduate with an arts degree asks: "Do you want fries with that?

I highly doubt maccas would hire a 19 year old, they can get 15 year olds much cheaper.

Arts degrees aren't that bad. You can get a diped and be a teacher, or do editing and similar stuff, or do honours, masters, etc. and end up being a lecturer/researcher. They're not completely useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back